Ladies & Gentlemen! Please update your Resolumes. We have released Arena 5.1.4 and Avenue 4.6.4. These new versions fix a few crashes and iron out some wrinkles. Nobody likes a wrinkled Resolume while they're VJ-ing, so hit that download.
Resolume Arena 5.1.4 & Avenue 4.6.4
[FIXED] Crash when triggering clip before deck is loaded
[FIXED] Crash when contextual menu is open and active layer is switched
[FIXED] Crash when switching decks during transition
[FIXED] Desktop is shown for a moment when using cancel to exit the advanced screen setup
[FIXED] Invert toggle on AutoMask effect broken
[FIXED] Transition Mixer dropdown doesn't update when creating a new composition
[FIXED] MulitTask mixer no worky on 5.1.3 OSX10.10
[FIXED] Right clicking parameters in the advanced output changes their range to -1.0...1.0
[FIXED] Request for RGBAW color space in DMX fixtures
[FIXED] Right clicking a slice parameter resets it's value but does not apply it to the slice
[FIXED] Crash: Rotate a polygon slice in output map like a mad man
[FIXED] Distorted image when using odd sized image as a mask
[FIXED] Multiple point selection dragger gets perspective after dragging a perspective handler on a slice Comment »
This blog is about Resolume, VJ-ing and the inspiring things the Resolume users make. Do you have something interesting to show the community?
Send in your work!
- * Ironed Out Resolume: Arena 5.1.4 & Avenue 4.6.4 Released
- * The Ultimate Guide to Multiscreen Output with Resolume
- * Make Some Noisia
- * Jammin' at the FOH with the A-Team
5 * Ableton * ableton live * Aerosmith * April * arena * Armin van Buuren * artist * artnet * AV * av * Beeple * behind the scenes * Behind the scenes * Benchmark * boompje * chaser * Club3d * conspiracy * Content * controller * D-Fuser * Dan Wise * datapath * dmx * doc optic * DXV * Eyesupply * FFGL * ffgl * Flash * Flying Lotus * freeframe * FreeFrame * gabe damast * ghostdad * gpu * Interactive * interactive * interview * Jobs * laser * led * Leonardo * lights * madeon * manoeuvre * manuel rodrigues * marino cecada * max for live * Max for Live * midi * mnvr * multiscreen * Neal Coghlan * noisia * openFrameworks * OSC * pixelmap * plugins * porter robinson * Processing * projection mapping * Projection Mapping * Quartz Composer * realtime * rebel overlay * review * Ricardo Arjona * richard de souza * rigging * rock * roy gerritsen * samson * showjockey * SMPTE * Spout * stage design * storm festival * strip * sync * Syphon * Tagtool * TouchOSC * touring * training * true colors * tutorial * TV-One * unity * update * Update * upgrade * Vezer * video * vvvv * workshop * zedd
It's January 26 now this so it's probably too late to late to wish you all a happy new year, but, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Here is the first Resolume update of 2017. It has mainly fixes in the Advanced Output and some SMPTE timecode fixes.
Download and enjoy that zen moment of staring at a slowly moving progress bar. If you're in a hurry then download the installer without any demo footage, it's much smaller so it wil download faster. You'll find it in the dropdown menu at the bottom of the downloads page.
Resolume Arena 5.1.3 & Avenue 4.6.3
[FIXED] SMPTE value in status bar not working when SMPTE is set to 29.97 fps
[FIXED] High SMPTE Offset values are not picked up by GUI when SMPTE is set to 29.97
[FIXED] SMPTE offset calculation is broken when using 29.97 drop-frame timecode
[FIXED] When slices are snapped to the edge of the comp, edge blend wraps and gets applied on wrong part of slice
[FIXED] Disable Snap toggle button no worky for polyslices and output masks
[FIXED] Clip In and Outpoints can get reset on composition reload
[FIXED] Still image duration not remembered after switching deck
[FIXED] Slice snapper snaps to a weird snap result
[FIXED] Mask corner point selection cycles to other slice or fixture when clicked
[FIXED] Can not load an output preset when you've never saved an output preset
[FIXED] Output preset name doesn’t get updated after opening preset and cancel
[FIXED] Undo breaks the transformer widget's outline
[FIXED] Multitask transition has a single flash of white on the right texture halfway through the transition
[FIXED] Audio track that needs to be relocated, still shows codec info and duration
[FIXED] Polygon slice "match input shape" works normalized, it shouldn't
[FIXED] Slice name sometimes has outline.
[FIXED] Problems with Japanese font rendering
Team Resolume Comment »
Since the big Arena 5.1 and Avenue 4.6 release we have released two micro updates. They're not small enough to win a Nobel prize but we're happy to do the maintenance and give you a more stable Resolume.
Arena 5.1.1 & Avenue 4.6.1 Micro Update:
- [FIXED] Master Fader & Composition Fade Out broken when using the output menu
- [FIXED] Solid Color Effect Show Image parameter not working
- [FIXED] Spout via Advanced output not working
Arena 5.1.2 & Avenue 4.6.2 Micro Update:
- [FIXED] Crash during startup
- [FIXED] Advanced screen setup and outputs not working in OSX 10.8 and lower
- [FIXED] Bezier outlines rendering is broken
- [FIXED] Certain blend modes still show white
- [FIXED] SVG output does not take into account perspective warping
- [FIXED] Crash when creating and deleting a fixture on Windows
We now offer installers that do not include example footage so your download is much smaller & quicker. You'll find this link in the Other Version dropdown on the download page.
You know how it goes.
You think you know how this game works, and that you've got the level boss' attack pattern all figured out. You know his weak points, and all you need to do is wait for him to step left so you can shoot at that gap in his armor. Then, just as he reaches half health, he mutates and is back to full health. And he's full of new tricks.
The Arena 5.1 / Avenue 4.6 release is Resolume's Boss Fight. New features, new tricks, new workflows. You know, to keep you on your toes.
Hit that download!
Update Friday April 29th
There we were, running our marathon. We were on a good pace and we felt like we were making good time. Then, disaster struck. We tripped on an untied shoelace and hit face first in the mud.
So, with our cheeks still blushing from the embarrassment and caked with mud, we give you Resolume 5.0.4.
The 5.0.4 release fixes three silly mistakes that snuck their way into 5.0.3.
#6259 Midi Clock is broken
#6258 Clips don't play when opacity is at 0
#5797 Japanese font rendering.
The long distance runner's eyes lose their focus. He can't remember how long he has been running. All he knows his still has to go on. Sometimes he feels like he can't make it. Every step feels like lead and his feet feel like fire. Other times he catches new wind and he feels like he's soaring across the skies and leaps tall buildings in a single bound.
His eyes refocus. The finish line is not in sight yet. But he knows he's going to make it. And he's loving every step along the way.
Here we have another maintenance release for you. Arena 5.0.2 and Avenue 4.5.2 contains quite a few bug fixes, some small workflow improvements and 3 new effects. Highly recommended this one, hit that download.
- New effects: ParticleSystem, PolarKaleido and Sparkles (Thanks to Joris & Edwin)
- Chinese interface translation by Antonio Sou (Thank you Ant!)
- German interface translation by Walter Riemenschneider (Thank you Walt!)
- Copy/Cut/Paste Slices & Fixtures (Thank you Spencer!)
- Activate advanced output Pan Tool with middle mouse click (Thanks Elgarf!)
- BPM ticker is highlighted on every 16th beat, starting with the 1st (Thanks Joris!)
- OSC input can take doubles as well as floats (Thanks VUO!)
- Inserting any USB device can cause Resolume to hang for a few seconds
- Crash with USB display device on OSX
- Enttec USB device support for OSX El Capitan
- Edge blending applies wrong blending when slices get stretched out
- Advanced Output defaults to nearest neighbor scaling
- When in Output Transform tab, click through shouldn't select slices from other screens
- Flash colors shown incorrect on El Capitan
- User is prevented from entering same port for OSC input and output on the same IP.
- Give some more info when trying to load an 4 screen setup preset in 5
- Immediate deselect for warped slices
- Advanced output UI does not like non-latin characters
- Selection of Screen is heavy and causes output to stop for a moment
- Remove 'Lumiverse 1' from the DMX input name
- AV fader doesn't pick up A and V slider when controlled via dmx/osc/midi
- Match Shape on multiple polygon slices
- Improve copy naming behaviour
- SMPTE offset for clip has wrong calculation when set to 29.97
- Fixture editor doesn't function with non-latin characters in user name
- Output masks are not re-rendered when reordered in the treeview
- Scrambled Japanese characters in output setup.
- Input mask outputs black on non-masking area instead of transparent
- Only draw fixture contents if its Lumiverse is selected
- Fixture Path is constructed from FileName, but our paths should only contain ASCII characters
- Remove match output shape for DMX Fixtures
- OSX Slice Copy/Cut/Pasting is intercepted by Mac Menu
- Warping header is only visible when it has anything to show
"Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow." - Eric Raymond
Arena 5 got a LOT of eyeballs since its release just 6 weeks ago. Many of you upgraded to Arena 5 and put it in front of crowds big and small, lighting up screens and LED pixels worldwide.
There were no MAJOR bugs in Arena 5.0.0. and Avenue 4.5.0. Nobody's cat caught fire, no laptops melted, nobody got hurt. But there are always small bugs in software and we're happy to now release Arena 5.0.1 & Avenue 4.5.1. These updates fix a few bugs, just to keep you sailing as smoothly as possible.
Download and Enjoy!
Merci beaucoup Emeric Delavaud for the French translation! Köszi szépen Gergo Fischer for the Hungarian translation. Grazie mille Daniele Penna for the Italian translation. Mulțumesc foarte mult Daniel Radutu for the Romanian translation!
[NEW] Variable DMX output delay
[NEW] Variable DMX frame-rate
[FIXED] Arena can crash when an output is removed
[FIXED] Windows Desktop Scaling causes wrong resolution on Display 2
[FIXED] Crash on selecting BlackMagic output resolution in advanced output
[FIXED] Problems when saving to Cyrillic chars in documents folder
[FIXED] Open Fixture Editor via Arena Menu
[FIXED] Fixture gamma has no effect on the output data
[FIXED] Quartz Composer sources flash rapidly
[FIXED] Advanced output GUI does not like non-latin characters
[FIXED] Soft-Edge not initialized correctly after startup
[FIXED] Blur effect broken when applied to clip
[FIXED] A clip set to 'play once and eject' should not eject the incoming clip during a transition
[FIXED] Show the layer name in the Slice input dropbox of the Layer Router
[FIXED] Regular Mask renders black instead of transparent
[FIXED] Alt drag to duplicate a Slice does not work on input tab (does on output)
[FIXED] When clicking *but not dragging* the rotation handle outside the bounds of the slice, the slice is deselected
[FIXED] Capture card output settings aren't saved in advanced output preset
[FIXED] Comp name gets updated before Save As... dialog is confirmed
[FIXED] Move Midi clock sync indicator to statusbar
[FIXED] Don't apply composition bypassed to output of virtual screen
[FIXED] Advanced output loses focus when mouse is moved over browser panel
[FIXED] Advanced Output mouse over help often says Switch to this Deck
[FIXED] Buggy polygon slice behaviour
[FIXED] Changes in Fixture Editor are not updated in Input Selection when advanced output was closed during editing
[FIXED] When the fixture input is dragged outside the input canvas the pixel data shown is not black
[FIXED] In preferences the dmx input output list always jumps to the top on adding or removing IOs
[FIXED] The New Output button in DMX preferences is only active to the middle of the button
[FIXED] Can't CMD-D slices or masks when in OutputTransform > Edit Points
[FIXED] If you hold ALT after you started a drag snapping doesn't work
[FIXED] Enable 'Bring forward' and 'Send backwards' for multiple slices
[FIXED] Edit slice name on single click
[FIXED] Multi select Bypass in slice list
[FIXED] Multi select Popup Menu in slice list does not work
[FIXED] Multi select by dragging does not work on second screen
[FIXED] When Screen name is changed it is displayed correctly in the list but not in the header above it's params
[FIXED] Add duplicate option to popup when multiple slices are selected
[FIXED] Advanced output on PC does not pick up changes in resolution in the screen selection drop down
[FIXED] Delay on DMX input preview
[FIXED] Dead-lock when renaming 2 or 3 screens after each other
[FIXED] Weird behaviour when bypassing multiple selected slices at once
[FIXED] Slice Selection Bugs
[FIXED] If you have selected a folded screen you can't select slices (of other screens) by clicking in the input editor