Audio Interfaces in Resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Audio Interfaces in Resolume

Post by AdevProjects »

I have noticed that I get visibly smoother video output when using an external audio interface when compared to using a motherboard's audio interface. The frame rate does not change in either case in resolume.

I am using a NI Komplete Audio 6 on Windows. I was wondering, is the smoother output image due to there being better chips/converters in the interface, or a lower latency ASIO driver?: Resolume uses ASIO to use the interface. As seen in the image below, the sample settings are controlled by the driver's utility and not through resolume.

Can someone test another ASIO audio interface and see how output smoothness compares to using the motherboard's audio selected in resolume preferences? If it is just the driver and not the interface, then could Asio4All drivers using the motherboard audio interface get a smoother image without changing hardware?
Attachments
audio settings.PNG

Supernova
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Audio Interfaces in Resolume

Post by Supernova »

From what I gather, it is the dedicated audio processing in the interface that cuts down on the latency and buffer requirement. I ordered a different, but similar interface to the one you have. Once I get it and have some time to test it I will post the results.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

t13swift wrote:I have noticed that I get visibly smoother video output when using an external audio interface when compared to using a motherboard's audio interface. The frame rate does not change in either case in resolume.

I am using a NI Komplete Audio 6 on Windows. I was wondering, is the smoother output image due to there being better chips/converters in the interface, or a lower latency ASIO driver?: Resolume uses ASIO to use the interface. As seen in the image below, the sample settings are controlled by the driver's utility and not through resolume.

Can someone test another ASIO audio interface and see how output smoothness compares to using the motherboard's audio selected in resolume preferences? If it is just the driver and not the interface, then could Asio4All drivers using the motherboard audio interface get a smoother image without changing hardware?
I have had this same issue in the past when I forgot my external interface for a show. If you change your buffer rate in the Arena Audio Preferences it will get smoother.

8stringbassist

Post by 8stringbassist »

My external firewire interface took a vacation during a live show, luckily I have ASIO4ALL installed, I ran with my internalRealtek with A4A, and it worked very well.
Good thing I wasn't using the audio out though, the sound can't touch a good quality DAC, too much noise from video cards and such.