Spanned layer on Intel 5200

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
DEmpire
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Spanned layer on Intel 5200

Post by DEmpire »

Hello there

quick question (I hope). I am considering purchasing a copy of Resolume Arena for a Museum installation. I literally just need to projection map a wall, the two adjacent walls and the floor. I will be stacking two 16:9 short throw projectors in landscape to cover the whole area. Since it is just a still image and no video I will be using a high end i7 mini-pc with an onboard Intel HD 5200 with HDMI and mini display outputs. Since the onboard GPU won't do spanned desktops does Resolume Arena need a Matrox box to properly blend the two projectors? I realize Arena is probably overkill but it's the easiest turnkey solution right now for what needs to happen.

Thank you

lightbx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Spanned layer on Intel 5200

Post by lightbx »

You can set both projectors as unique outputs in Resolume without need for a Matrox triplehead. But for a museum (or long-term) installation, esp. for a simple installation as such — there are simpler ways. HeavyM, Madmapper, QLab, etc. iPad apps like Dynamapper and Prspctv support full 1080p out as well. (I have had great success with Dynamapper as an art student).

With long term stuff I always try to avoid computers. You could also just mirror your desktop to the projectors on-site, create a 1920x1080 comp in Photoshop, warp the image to fit the walls, and then just play it off an SD card in-projector.

Of course, I love Resolume and am loyal to the forum...but I also feel obligated to give good technical advice in general.

If you do go with Resolume, and want to lessen the load on your PC (seeing as how it is an Intel integrated GPU) and you are stacking the projectors, you could just use one HDMI output and feed it into a duplicator. The lower end ViewHD models work well even.