Personally, I would like to have the following locking options:
- Lock the media (either video or sound) so that it can't be replaced
- Lock any parameter animation in a clip, layer or composition
- Lock all parameters of any or all clips in the composition
- Lock all parameters of any or all layer which would prevent adding or removing clips from that layer
- Lock all parameters of the compositions with no restriction on MIDI/DMX/OSC input or external inputs.
- Lock any of the parameters in the advanced output options such as Screen, Slice, Mask or Crop as well as the ability to lock any point in the output transformation (by clicking on it)
Any of these locking functions would prevent changes from being made but should allow the clip, layer, composition to run in its current state which means all autopilot functions would be active but locked for editing.
I realize that it's a lot of locking options but typically, I design a show for companies and a tech will run it during performances so I'd love knowing that things can't be changed after I leave. As far as locking MIDI/DMX or OSC inputs that can be done on the controlling devices.