Low FPS with a GTX1060

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Slurpee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Low FPS with a GTX1060

Post by Slurpee »

Hello there.
I recently purchased a new laptop and am barely getting 30fps with 3 layers at 1920x1080. Changing the amount of layers up to 10+ has no effect on the FPS. I'm wondering if there is a reason my FPS are so low. Perhaps some bottlenecking is going on somewhere?
Specs:
MSI GT72VR Dominator
i7-6700HQ
GTX1060 M 6G GDDR5
512GB SD + 1TB HHD
32 GB DDR4 2400 MHZ

Is there something I need to do to optimize the usage of my GPU perhaps? The CPU usage is sitting around 40%, the GPU around 36%. CPU Temp is 46c and GPU Temp is 40c.

Slurpee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Low FPS with a GTX1060

Post by Slurpee »

Also, when I first installed arena 5 last week, I was getting 79fps easy. I'm not sure what made it throttle down

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

go into nvidia control panel> 3d settings> and add resolume and set it to high-performance gpu. then go to the bottom of the list of options and turn off v-sync.

I would also set your power settings to high performance in case you accidentally lose power for a second and don't want frame loss while running on battery.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Are all your clips dxv3?

I see this with Mac guys who start using PCs. Photojpg isn't as forgiving on pc.

4eyes
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by 4eyes »

Double check all content is on the SSD.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

May sound silly..... but have you checked if your display Hz is set to 60hz? .... i ask because adding layers dont affect your 30fps problem.

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Slurpee wrote:Also, when I first installed arena 5 last week, I was getting 79fps easy. I'm not sure what made it throttle down
Did you update your NVidia drivers? I had to slightly downgrade my drivers using a version from my laptop manufacturer (gigabyte) to get my frame rate back. Before the driver change I could hardly get anything above 30fps.

Now the benchmark gives me 85fps for 20 clean layers and barely 30fps (29-32) for 20 noisy layers.

Also, got to keep my power cord connected to get those rates.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Sadler wrote:
Slurpee wrote:Also, when I first installed arena 5 last week, I was getting 79fps easy. I'm not sure what made it throttle down
Did you update your NVidia drivers? I had to slightly downgrade my drivers using a version from my laptop manufacturer (gigabyte) to get my frame rate back. Before the driver change I could hardly get anything above 30fps.

Now the benchmark gives me 85fps for 20 clean layers and barely 30fps (29-32) for 20 noisy layers.

Might have been a v-sync option rather than a driver issue?

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by hive8 »

Sadler wrote:

Wondering what laptop you have, I just got the Aero 15.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

hive8 wrote: Wondering what laptop you have, I just got the Aero 15.
I got the Gigabyte P37x v6 - i7-6700HQ and GTX 1070.

The Aero 15 is a stunning looking machine (especially in orange :D).

I had two problems with my laptop - the one in this thread, solved by the gigabyte drivers. The other is that the USB3.1 doesn't play well with Kinect V2. Gigabyte support take several days between answers and have not helped with either problem so far - quite annoying as I will have to resort to my desktop for the next performance.