I have this thing with A7....

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

I have this thing with A7....

Post by Yuckfou157 »

So yes, finally I'm over and I love 7 it's a lot of searching, testing and tweaking but I build my comp from scratch and every time I'm working with it I find newly hidden dropdows and functions, awesome! :mrgreen:

But....also every time I have working long nights with it the following thing happens.
My comp is like 10layers high&50colums width, as it is since 2/3 years, all clips are 1920x1080DXV3 encoded and the top 2 layers are re-scaled PNG's ( 1920 wide etc.) and 10 is just solid color white for chaser.
Now 7 is blazing fast and everything works like it should, I'm not heavy on FX just some auto-masks, hue rotate, but mostly on an active layer and bypassed when the layer is empty, but still after 2-3 hours of working, maybe loading some extra clips, add some brightness/saturation/auto-mask on specific clips, 7 starts to stutter, first, it hangs a frame on the first frame of the new clip I click to play, then also in the comp output every first frame hangs a bit (stutter) from then on more and more stutters occur and it also happens on the main output and is visible.
The solution is closing 7 and restarting it (the program, not my laptop) and then everything runs smooth as butter, but after 1/2/3 hours of working it happens again...
So like on a night as last Saturday (Grotesque Mainstage) I restarted 7 at the beginning of the event, then needed to restart 10mins into Ottaviani's set (me not happy) and 2 times later that night.
The week before during VII in the Q factory and in Copenhagen during a corporate this also happened, so it's a returning thing.
I have a Razer Blade 15"(the i7/1070MaxQ with 2Tb Evo Plus SSD) and according the HW info it's yawning the whole night while I'm working so my guess is that it's some bug in 7 like not clearing a cache or resetting some thing in the stream of data that flows through it, I'm no programmer so I cannot tell what it could be, but it feels like something is filled up and isn't cleared or whatever the code tells the machine to do.
If you need my comp, log files or whatever I'll send you these, but please look into this, I remember a post on FB about this but couldn't find it because of their wonderful algorithms, but I know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Besides this annoying bug I really love 7 8-) 8-)

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: I have this thing with A7....

Post by francoe »

So, I'm not the only one who need restarts during gigs.
I always think is my fault, making furious overloaded mixes, but who knows.. :|

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by deflost »

no, we too!
on different machines in different strange and after different times, but visible on output!
so the most of our shows are theatre and performance stuff around one hour, but our spring project composition, a exibition for a club in a art gallery, we tested with, resolume 6 rolls for 5 weeks and more without any issue,
resolume 7 starts to stutter after one to three ours.
any solution?
thx.

r.h.
westfernsehen, leipzig

haimiaan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by haimiaan »

i have same problems too :(

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

We're working on an issue where running Resolume for many hours, it can happen that the nvidia driver crashes and takes Resolume with it.
We're not sure yet if this is a driver issue or something we do wrong.
If you see Resolume playback getting laggy, that's the first sign of the issue.
In this case, I'd recommend to save your work, and restart Resolume.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

tkirk4

Post by tkirk4 »

I'm getting the same thing with Res 7, I'm starting to see it after 30+ mins of use. It's making resolume 7 unusable until a fix is found. With each show running for 2 hours I don't have the option of restarting in that 2 hour block :cry:

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

30 minutest sounds like it could be a different issue.
Do you also see Resolume crash?

What kind of machine are you using?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

visionjenoma

Post by visionjenoma »

Good morning, troop. I have the same problem too.

I have a Clevo gaming laptop, with 2 SSDs, one for the Operating System and another for my video material, Windows 10 PRO v1903, 48gb of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 graphic card.
When I used Resolume Arena 6, I used Up to 6 layers at the same time and everything was perfect.

Now with R7 it's not the same.
I wanted to ask you if you are using an old R6 composition in R7?
I have to try to create again the composition that I had in R6, not to import it, but to create it from the beginning and try again to see if the problems continue.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Is nvidia 3d settings set to maximum performance?

visionjenoma

Post by visionjenoma »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 15:33 Is nvidia 3d settings set to maximum performance?
Good afternoon.
In the global options I have this box checked:
"Power control mode: Maximum preferred performance"
nvidia 3d configuration.jpg
And for the program Resolume also the same.
Is there any other option that I should configure?