Colorize BPM sync reset issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
HDMIcandy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Colorize BPM sync reset issue

Post by HDMIcandy »

Hello Resolume crew! I noticed that when I set the Colorize effect to a specific palette and BPM sync it doesn't reset to the beginning even if the clip and comp triggers are set to beat snap, it will only reset if you hit "resync" after the clip has been triggered. This happened if the effect was applied directly to the clip and when it was on the layer above as it's own clip. Am I missing something else to make it resync with the clip trigger? The goal is to have the clip change color each time it loops, so the beat number of the clip is multiplied by the number of colors in the palette for the the number of beats in the colorizer.

So a clip that has four beats with a 4 color colorize palette would have 16 beats set to the palette timeline.

Thanks for any help with this.

Arena 7.1.2
Windows 10

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Colorize BPM sync reset issue

Post by Zoltán »

The BPM synced parameters follow the composition beat grid, so the clip triggering doesn't affect them currently.
Setting the clip beat snap to 4 bars (16 beats) could help to get the parameter and clip in sync. Though waiting 16 beats (max) is not what you might want to do.

With a clip that's the same beat length as you'd like the parameter to animate, you could use Clip position animation, and set the clip to BPM sync.

The good news is, that we're working on something that will allow you to have BPM synced params start with clip start instead of being bound to the Composition timing.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

HDMIcandy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by HDMIcandy »

Thanks for the quick response! Yes as a workaround I could quadruple the clip itself and set the colorize to clip position. I'll keep and eye out for the thing you're working on, will it be in an update for Resolume or a plug-in?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

HDMIcandy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 18:00 will it be in an update for Resolume or a plug-in?
In an update when it's ready, you won't need any external stuff for it ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu