Doesn't Apple Compressor provide the DXV codec anymore?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Doesn't Apple Compressor provide the DXV codec anymore?

Post by p8guitar »

Doesn't Compressor (4.4.4) provide the DXV codec anymore?
Some time ago it was possible to convert to DXV codec, and my Quicktime Player 7 still can do this. But now I see a greyed out "Quicktime (32-bit)" in the codecs list of compressor.

I'm using MacOS 10.13.6. (I cannot update to 10.14, because my Macbook Pro dates from 2011.)

In case the DXV codec is not available any more in compressor, I would convert to DXV with Alley instead. But I need compressor nevertheless, because I need to crop 1920x1080 to 1440x1080.
What codec should I choose in Compressor? The original footage is a .mov file from a Canon camera, it's an MPEG-4 Quicktime. Video stream is AVC, Audio stream is PCM.

By the way - is there a nice Windows app that can crop 16:9 footage to 4:3? Then I would not be forced to use my old MacBook... I have lightworks on the windows laptop, but it cannot output 1440x1080.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Doesn't Apple Compressor provide the DXV codec anymore?

Post by Zoltán »

Looks like Apple dropped 32 bit quicktime support in this version of Compressor or OSX

The good news is, if it's only a simple crop you want to do, you can do that in Alley.
When you add the file to the conversion, you can select a custom size in the Video settings, specify the file width and height you'd like to end up with, and choose Fill in the Scaling selector. Hit convert, and you should have your cropped file in a few.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu