Next column

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Next column

Post by Zoltán »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 17:35 Would it be possible to add a feature in the future to have a single address return an int value of the clip in that layer? No biggie if that's too much, just thought it might help.
You can of course iterate through the clips manually, by replacing the * with a specific number.
If you mean the layer should return the index of the playing clip exactly (which could be two ints during transition) that would be a new feature.

What you could also do would be starting your app first, listening for the clip connect and connected messages and keep a record of that. That way you'd know which clip is playing, and you can query if needed.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Periklis wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 17:27 @Arvol

Teams are two and score increases/decreases by 1 or 2 points at a time. So for each team steps will be +/-1 or +/-2. There is no rush and i have no deadline.
I got this built and working. I just need to write in a small "help me" section for it and then it should be good to go. I'll try to have it out tomorrow afternoon at the latest.
I have keyboard shortcuts, OSC and MIDI control working on it. 10 teams, and value (+/-) increments from 1-10 and 100. along with a minus button and a few reset options.

Periklis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Periklis »

That would be really awesome Arvol...!

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Periklis wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:50 That would be really awesome Arvol...!
Here ya go:
https://gumroad.com/l/score_keeper_demo_pixel_party

Press the ? Button in the bottom corner to activate the help menu, then click on the Settings menu and then click on any of the Settings text that is in orange for help on how to configure it.

Hope this gets you going. Use Resolume for all of the mapping and text formatting.
Just add in a Text Block Source into your comp and open the OSC mapping menu in Resolume and then copy and paste the Text Blocks TEXT input OSC Mapping into Score Keeper's OSC Output to get the two App's to talk.

Periklis

Post by Periklis »

Hey Arvol,

Thank you for the time you spent on this. To be honest i am a very beginner and so far i have only managed to set some keyboard and midi shortcuts. Your demo in my eyes looks like an advanced step, not to mention i have no idea how to use it or how deal with TouchPlayer which i cannot have as licensed. I am definitely not the right person to evaluate the demo but i can understand is an extended and much more flexible workaround so i am ashamed i have put you in all this trouble and i am not even able to give it a try. For my level and my current necessity all i could really use is a single click on my keyboard or F1 midi to execute 2x Next or Previous Clip.

Thanks

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I have a livestream tonight. But if you like. I can rote into your machine later on this week for about 5-10 min and get you up and running and trained on how to work it. It's actually pretty simple. Lmk if you would like that and send me a DM. More than happy to help. Everything you'll need is free

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Arvol wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 20:27 I have a livestream tonight. But if you like. I can rote into your machine later on this week for about 5-10 min and get you up and running and trained on how to work it. It's actually pretty simple. Lmk if you would like that and send me a DM. More than happy to help. Everything you'll need is free
Do it! This sort of offer is priceless when it comes to finding your way with what can be intimidating software.

Periklis

Post by Periklis »

Hands Down...!!!

I will PM you