Audio Output Device setting gets changed after new audio device is added or removed

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cdelguercio
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Audio Output Device setting gets changed after new audio device is added or removed

Post by cdelguercio »

I want to set Audio Output Device to "No Output Device" permanently because I don't use Avenue for audio, but it resets my Audio Output Device to my default Windows audio device whenever an audio device is added or removed. Specifically in my case, this is when I either turn on or off the NVIDIA Broadcast App virtual audio device.

If I set Audio Output to "No Output Device", I see no reason why it shouldn't stay that way until I explicitly change it.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Audio Output Device setting gets changed after new audio device is added or removed

Post by Zoltán »

Hmm, weird. Should indeed not happen.
I'll create a ticket for this.

Meanwhile, try to mute the composition audio just to be on the safe side.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

cdelguercio

Re: Audio Output Device setting gets changed after new audio device is added or removed

Post by cdelguercio »

Thanks Zoltán!

cdelguercio

Post by cdelguercio »

This appears to be fixed in 7.3.1

Thanks again!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Awesome, thanks for the follow up!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

cdelguercio

Post by cdelguercio »

Hmmm never mind it happened again.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

just want to add...
We had a 7 day job last week. We used a Native Instruments Komplete 6 external usb sound-card.
On 3 of the 7 days Resolume changed automatically from the Komplete 6 to the internal sound-card after Resolume startup. The Laptop was booted and had initialised the Komplete 6 minutes before I started Resolume.

At home I tried to replicate the issue. But no luck. It never happened again.

Arena 7.3.0 was the Version we used on Win 10
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

What is the "default" sound device your OS has set, and does that change?

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Default on the machine is the onboard Realtek chip. I don't know if that would change...I used the Komplete 6 on this particular job.
Arvol wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 18:36 What is the "default" sound device your OS has set, and does that change?
Why are you asking?
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Curious if you set the OS to default to the device you want to use, if Resolume will follow by using the same defaults.