Audio not playing correctly

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VinicDiet
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Audio not playing correctly

Post by VinicDiet »

Arvol,

I can't do that. If it will work on 7 or not, its was supposed to work on 6, so, it's not a solution.

Why you believe it will not happen in 7.

It happens to me since Arena 4. I believed it will not happen in 5, in 6.Why this shouldn't happen in 7?

Any specific reason?

Sorry, but I am with an exposition on going and its been a completely disaster since the beginning due to this. I really don't know what to do anymore.

Can somebody tell me if its possible to solve this problem? Some company I can get in touch? Any person I can call? If Resolume,I mean the company have a department I can call?

It's really bad. Getting completely disapointed. My clients and customers too.

Really bad.

Thank you once more.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

VinicDiet wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 14:18 Bur I have a new information that might help. Its not the sound the problem. Its an old Team Viewer problem. The Fps drop dramatically to 6, 7 Fps.

It's playing smoothly at 60 Fps and suddenly it goes to 6 Fps.

Please help.
Resolume Arena Version 6.1.5
You say you uninstalled TeamViewer, did the videos play fine that way?

If it's a TeamViewer problem, then maybe it would be time to ditch TeamViewer...
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

VinicDiet

Post by VinicDiet »

Zoltán wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 22:27
VinicDiet wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 14:18 Bur I have a new information that might help. Its not the sound the problem. Its an old Team Viewer problem. The Fps drop dramatically to 6, 7 Fps.

It's playing smoothly at 60 Fps and suddenly it goes to 6 Fps.

Please help.
Resolume Arena Version 6.1.5
You say you uninstalled TeamViewer, did the videos play fine that way?

If it's a TeamViewer problem, then maybe it would be time to ditch TeamViewer...
Yes, Zoltan ...

I uninstalled Team Viewer and even then the problem continues to happen.

As I was looking at the computer during these days, I was sure that the problem is not related to the audio, because the playback drops to 6 fps.

This sudden drop in fps has always happened, since the old versions of Resolume, as I mentioned before, I'm from the old school and I really like the software.

Could you please tell me why this is happening? I can't believe it just happened to me over the years.

It's all right, 60 fps smooth, when suddenly 6 fps.

Please, urgent help.

Thank you very much,
Vinicius

VinicDiet

Post by VinicDiet »

Attached you will find an image of the exact moment when the problem happened showing 6fps.

If you can, please tell me how to send the resolume log file. I saw in old posts that it would be through the preference tab in the feedback item, but I can't find this and Attachments do not accept .txt files.

Please, it's really very important to me.

Thank you,
Vinicius
Attachments
fps.jpg

VinicDiet

Post by VinicDiet »

VinicDiet wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 00:06 Attached you will find an image of the exact moment when the problem happened showing 6fps.

If you can, please tell me how to send the resolume log file. I saw in old posts that it would be through the preference tab in the feedback item, but I can't find this and Attachments do not accept .txt files.

Please, it's really very important to me.

Thank you,
Vinicius
I have sent the Log file via Resolume from the Master Computer.

Thank you very much.

Vinicius

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

VinicDiet wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 20:46 Arvol,

I can't do that. If it will work on 7 or not, its was supposed to work on 6, so, it's not a solution.

Why you believe it will not happen in 7.

It happens to me since Arena 4. I believed it will not happen in 5, in 6.Why this shouldn't happen in 7?

Any specific reason?

Sorry, but I am with an exposition on going and its been a completely disaster since the beginning due to this. I really don't know what to do anymore.

Can somebody tell me if its possible to solve this problem? Some company I can get in touch? Any person I can call? If Resolume,I mean the company have a department I can call?

It's really bad. Getting completely disapointed. My clients and customers too.

Really bad.

Thank you once more.
I'm curious to see if there has been any change in the latest release that will get this working, and if so, maybe that can be used to determine what is going on.
It may not be a "solution" for you, but it could help troubleshoot the problem at hand.
There have been a LOT of changes from 6 to 7, I've been able to push over 33 million pixels at a show using similar machines you have spec'd using version 7, where as version 6 was giving me some issues. So coming from a guy who's been there, this is why I'm asking.

Looking at your biggest comp (pixelwise) is computer 3 and 4. The video on that computer is running at about 1/5 the maximum load capacity on those P4000 gpu's (55Gbps/240Gbps). So the GPU should be able to handle that.
On those machine's how many outputs do you have connected and are they all mainly connected to the P4000 card? Is the P4000 set as the default and primary rendering GPU in nVidia control panel?
In Resolume, if you click "Show Display Info" under the Output meu what GPU is being shown as the rendering GPU?
I have a hunch that one of those P2000 cards are being set as the rendering GPU. which is half the power of the P4000. Is your UI monitor connected to the P4000 GPU? If not, it needs to be.
I'm assuming the drivers are up to date? Have you tried rolling the drivers back a few times to see if that gives any performance change?

What does the red/purple audio settings show for these clips? can you take a photo of that? curious to how the audio is encoded for the clip.
What audio device are you using and is it directsound, asio, etc? have you tried changing the audio device's to see if that makes a difference?

I have fiber at my office so a 120GB file shouldn't take more than 10 min to download. I'd love to test this on one of my builds and let you know if I'm having any issues with it. If you think you can upload one to test with?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks for the log, looks quite normal. The fps drop happens on this master machine too, right?

Can you try updating the nvidia drivers?

Then keep an eye on the task manager, and when the fps drop happens, check which apps and resources are peaking. That should give a clue where to look further.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu