9 clips projected with different variations

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
akcanca
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

9 clips projected with different variations

Post by akcanca »

Hi!
I didn't know where to ask so I'm starting here. Basically I have 9 different loop videos with 2 variations each. They will be projected on 3x3 grid. When I send the trigger on OSC, it should play either A or B variations of each clip in squares. It doesn't need to be randomized or anything. I just wanted to know what's they best way to achieve this. I've been thinking of using Advanced output with 9 different slices, but I'm really lost how to put this all together.
Every A variations on Layer 1 and B variations on Layer 2? How do I play all of the clips in Layer 1 at once?
Every A variations on column 1? and B on column 2?
Separate variations by decks? How do I put the clips in grid?
Here is the 2 states, in case if I messed up while trying to explain

Thanks a lot!

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: 9 clips projected with different variations

Post by He2neg »

For each video runing at the same time you will need a layer so you need 9 layers.

For every Place / Area you ll need a slice so 9 slices as well

Then you can either have a fixed setup with layer to slice routing. Or use slice Transform (i would recommend) and do the routing inside your composition (either on clip or on layer lvl)

Trigger should work via colloms

So Layer 1-9

collom 1 = Clip A1-A
collom 2 = Clip B1-B9

Then go into the Advanced output and set up 9 slices as the grid you want to have (on the input and the output side)

You can no chose layer 1 to be placed via slice transform to the place of A1/B1 (then L1C1 & L1C2 will both be played in that space) or chose a slice for each clip individuall
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~