Multiple Clips from same Capture Device

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Multiple Clips from same Capture Device

Post by massta »

Datapath Capture Card stopped working with Resolume. Still recognized as a Capture Device inside of Resolume, can drag to a cell but not showing video. Was working fine. Updated to latest build, no help Disabled, Enabled capture card in Device Manager, no help. Card is still working with VLC. Is there a Resolume file that saves Capture Card settings that I can reset?

We were hot swapping HDMI inputs. Also had more than one instance of the capture on a single layer. I was hoping to have different versions of the Capture Device on a single layer. Example: Cell 1 Datapath Capture full screen, Cell 2 Datapath Capture half screen. Cell 3 Datapath Capture rotated 90 degrees. I feel this is what broke it. Anyone ever try doing this?
Attachments
datapath.jpg

massta

Re: Multiple Clips from same Capture Device

Post by massta »

Another weird thing that was happening: I was getting Brightness & Contrast sliders in Clip Settings, but there was no effect on the capture source Clip. I uninstalled the VisionLC-HD (did not check uninstall driver). But I'm working remotely and there is no source plugged into the card at the moment. But I could see that it was auto recognized in Device Manager. And its there in Resolume also. When I drag to a cell, it didn't remember its last size which is good. I didn't touch the DeviceManager\Vision AVStream (see image).

Anyone drag more than one Capture Device to multiple clips? I figures I'd be safe it they where on the same layer but maybe people are using them on multiple layers and blending them?
Attachments
datapath2.jpg
datapath2.jpg (6.33 KiB) Viewed 4142 times

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you use a capture device in Resolume, it can only have a single specific stream setting in all the clip in stances.
For example, if you want to capture 720p, and 1080p, or different inputs in the same deck, that won't be possible.

But if you don't change signals, having multiple instances of the same input should be no problem. You can then use the clip transform for example to scale and reposition the image.

If you need to switch cables, I'd recommend a switcher which can output to a specific format, instead of cable pulling. That will be a lot more stable on the long run, and doesn't confuse drivers either.

So, what did change on the machine when the card stopped working?
Did it stop mid session, or after a program or driver update?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

massta

Post by massta »

The Datapath capture card has a bad driver. Using a Magwell 4K external now with no issues. And yes, I see changing one clip capture resolution changes all for each matching capture. Thanks for your help!