Animated Outlines

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
AEK
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Animated Outlines

Post by AEK »

Hello everybody!
I would like to find neat solutions for creating animated Outlines in Arena 7. JuiceBar has a SliceOutline plug-in, but its functionality is very limited. Ideally, you want to be able to animate Outlines with Resolume sourses, since this feature is implemented in MadMapper.
What are the solutions to this issue?

Best regards,
Andrey.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Animated Outlines

Post by Arvol »

https://gumroad.com/l/tracer_demo_pixel_party

FYI, I'm in the process of porting this over to be a Resolume native plugin ;)

AEK

Post by AEK »

On the one hand, this is good news, Arvol. But on the other hand, this offer is not encouraging, because you need to buy a license for the Touch Designer (we work with Full HD, 2K and 4K resolutions ...)
The price of $600 for a small expansion of the functionality (Tracer, like SliceOutline, has many functional limitations) seems unreasonable to me. :cry:

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

$600 for TD is far from unreasonable if you actually use it.
There's work arounds where you make a dummy screen at 720p and then upscale but i'll leave that to the users ;)
There are other options out there like HeavyM, but Tracer provides an all in one solution for getting Resolume outputs mapped with one click.
Yeah, if you can wait a bit, it'll be released as a Resolume source, until then, here's your options lol

AEK

Post by AEK »

Arvol, i heard your life hack. Thank you! :D
HeavyM is a good program. Especially version 2, which is currently under beta testing. But, the use of any bundle via SPOUT or NDI creates additional inconvenience, because you have to spend time and effort mapping the contour and its alignment with the main screens.
Much more interesting could be an option in which HM could work as a plug-in to Arena, as this is implemented, for example, in Chaser...

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

AEK wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 20:32 Arvol, i heard your life hack. Thank you! :D
HeavyM is a good program. Especially version 2, which is currently under beta testing. But, the use of any bundle via SPOUT or NDI creates additional inconvenience, because you have to spend time and effort mapping the contour and its alignment with the main screens.
Much more interesting could be an option in which HM could work as a plug-in to Arena, as this is implemented, for example, in Chaser...
Chaser reads Arena's output xml and uses that to generate it's slice coordinates in the ffgl, Tracer does the same but uses Spout or NDI to send the rendered textures. The Arena version will be native without the need for TD/Spout or NDI. HM doesn't integrate with Arena at all so you will have to start from scratch on getting your slice info. If you can wait a bit, I'm building what you're asking for ;)

AEK

Post by AEK »

Arvol wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 22:30 If you can wait a bit, I'm building what you're asking for ;)
Very well !
When will the plugin be available - in a few days, a few weeks, or a few months? :lol:

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

No clue, Hoping in a few months :)

AEK

Post by AEK »

We will look forward to it! :?