Video caché issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Venis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Video caché issue

Post by Venis »

Hello ,

I have doubts about how resolume accesses the video content of my computer and how it works from behind once it has loaded it.

For example, I am working on projection mapping project, where videos and images are played.
I have a composition prepared with the images and videos in several folders on my local computer.

The problem is that these images and videos have to be updated over time. My client needs a system so that they can change the content that is played and update it easily without having to access the computer where resolume is installed.

The solution I had thought of, is to do it through Gdrive. Activating the "available offline" mode. So that any content they change in the google cloud, is downloaded to my local computer from where Resolume loads the files.

When I want to change an image, I simply upload to Gdrive the image with the same file name as the old photo. And Resolume automatically plays the new photo.

If I do the same thing with a video, it doesn't work. I guess it's a cache issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you very much!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Video caché issue

Post by Arvol »

Rule #1: DON'T link anything related to Resolume to ANY cloud drives of ANY kind. Just don't do it.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Video caché issue

Post by Zoltán »

Files used in a deck are opened when a deck is loaded.
Files with open handles can't be overwritten on most systems. If they can, and you overwrite them, expect any kinds of weirdness happening, including Resolume crashing.

Files which are in a different deck are not open, so they can be overwritten. You could then switch to the deck, and the files should load up.
Still as the file length might change, clip boundaries might not match the older file. So still, expect weird stuff to happen.

If the machine can sync to a google drive, you can reach it via a remote desktop application and load the clips up manually. I'd recommend going that way.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu