Move envelope on x axis?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Move envelope on x axis?

Post by p8guitar »

I want to use an envelope to create a kind of "moving speaker cone" effect. It looks good, but the movement is delayed in relation to the music.
Is there a way to move the whole envelope on the x-axis to find the sweet spot? this would be easier than to delay the triggering of the clip I think.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Move envelope on x axis?

Post by Arvol »

Envelopes are used to ease movements in and out (among other things) so the longer the envelope take from starting at your lowest value to reach the highest value, is the delay you're seeing.
Try adjusting the Phase of your start and end values, shifting them closer to where the "Ball" is moving the most. This will speed up the animations duration.
Just as an example:
phpBB [video]

https://vimeo.com/514943062

p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by p8guitar »

The problem is that I have only one start point and one end point, and these two points cannot be moved. when I insert a third point, the default "bounce" curve is destroyed.
So I think nudging the trigger of the clip might be the only way to sync the bounce curce to the beat.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

When you add in the points you can apply a curve to each point by right clicking on it and selecting t he curve type. Try adding a point to the "Phase" that makes it right, then apply a curve, that should get you :)