I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but have you tried using G-Spot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
) to figure out what your decoding path is?
Often stuttering is due to:
1) Windows can't build the playback graph, so it errors and falls back to a default - this takes time.
2) There are additional filters in the playback graph that are not needed - sometimes ffdshow
3) Another filter is handling playback - once again, ffdshow often takes over from PicVideo, but with post-processing enabled, which slows things down
4) Advanced deblocking is switched on in PicVideo
5) Something other than the AVI splitter is handling reading of the movie file - the Open Source AVI splitter sometimes causes problem, and Haali used to cause problems - these have routines to facilitate playback of incomplete files, which can get in the way of Resolume seeking