Stuttering Playback

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
incuf
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Stuttering Playback

Post by incuf »

edwin wrote:We get stutters as well when running more then one layer with the same video.
I can't say more than that we will try to get it to playback more smoothly.
What other VJ Software are you referring to b.t.w, maybe i can break into their office and steal their code ;-)
Modul8

But I like too much how resolume handle BPM sync. I've been working with resolume 2. (Bootcamp and windows...) but I hate to run windows in my mac, I feel I'm hurting her!!

cheers

IncuF

superdovla
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by superdovla »

So smooth playback is def a problem?
tried everything even on PAL res with firewire800 raid drives, 2.6 GHz macbookpro, DXV codec, one layer it stutters. I agree its not visible with fast moving clips (it tricks ones eyes), but its more then obvious if you use for exmp slow motion footage and slow moving graphics. I ve been a film editor for 10 years and such a playback is beyond standards. At least Avenue shouldn't be advertised as "smooth playback" VJ software if it has tendencies to become professional VJ app and to be honest to Avenue users.

cheers
Vlad

vj harald
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by vj harald »

hi all,

same problem here. tryed to playback a 768x576 PAL movie with smooth
video content.
there is no way to play this single video without stuttering !
i have tested several codecs, several machines, several harddisks, macos & windows.

it is very frustrating. i would love to work with avenue, but with my
hq footage it is impossible.

i hope, that this major bug will be fixed !
otherwise avenue is only usable by people with strobo content ;-)

h.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey guys

The last post in this thread is over a year old. If you are experiencing these stutters with the latest update, we'd love to take a look at your clips to see if we can recreate this problem, and subsequently solve it.

Joris