Do my FFGL plugins work in Resolume 6?

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
marinoc
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Do my FFGL plugins work in Resolume 6?

Post by marinoc »

Arena 6 is fantastic. But what about FFGL plugin? Do The third-parts FFGL 1.5 plugins work yet?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Do my FFGL plugins work in Resolume 6?

Post by Joris »

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14878&p=62324

FFGL 1.5 plugins will work, but they need to be re-compiled for 64 bit. We've contacted all the active plugin developers before the beta came out, to let them know this was coming. We assume they will be rolling out updates over the coming period.

marinoc

Post by marinoc »

Ok, thanks.

andre_b

Post by andre_b »

I've developed some custom FFGL plugins (based on ShaderMaker) for Resolume Avenue 4 - source as well as effect plugins (MacOS 10.10, XCode 7.2)
When I compile them as 64bit for Resolume 6 and put them into the vfx folder they all appear as source plugins - both source and effect plugins. My real source plugins are working fine in Resolume 6. But my effect plugins can't be applied as effects on clips. They really behave like source plugins as they replace other clips when dragged onto them and aren't applicable to layers or compositions. So I can't process any clips with them.
In the CFFGLPluginInfo my effect plugins are declared as FF_EFFECT (dwPluginType 0). Like this they are working fine in Resolume 4. How do I create real effect plugins for Resolume 6 besides compiling for 64bit ?

andre_b

Post by andre_b »

OK, I've found the problem:
SetMinInputs (in the CFreeFrameGLPlugin constructor) needs to be 1 in order to work as effect plugin for Resolume 6.
For Resolume 4 it worked also with a value of 0 - regardless of effect or source plugins.

So besides declaring a plugin as FF_EFFECT or FF_SOURCE in CFFGLPluginInfo one also has to set the number of input textures accordingly with SetMinInputs .

p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by p8guitar »

Same problem with the fxartshop FFGL effects. They are found in the sources tab and behave like sources. When I drag NSdotFX to a clip, it replaces the current clip.

natspir, I hope you read this, please make your FFGL plugins compatible with Resolume 6.
And please add an e-mail address to your website so that one can contact you without a facebook account... ;)

vidiotie

Post by vidiotie »

andre_b wrote:OK, I've found the problem:
SetMinInputs (in the CFreeFrameGLPlugin constructor) needs to be 1 in order to work as effect plugin for Resolume 6.
For Resolume 4 it worked also with a value of 0 - regardless of effect or source plugins.

So besides declaring a plugin as FF_EFFECT or FF_SOURCE in CFFGLPluginInfo one also has to set the number of input textures accordingly with SetMinInputs .
Hi!
I just tried to compile some shaders from shadertoys as ffgl plugins.The sources I tried work, but somehow effects do not produce expected or useful output.
Do you have any working example code for a working effect?
best regards