Splice Festival London May 2017 with Resolume Workshop and Masterclass

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Scratchpole
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Splice Festival London May 2017 with Resolume Workshop and Masterclass

Post by Scratchpole »

We are very proud to present the Splice Festival 2017 website with everything you need to know about this years incredible line-up and all of the events: http://www.splicefestival.com/

Splice Festival 2017 presents an opportunity to get up close to the Dutch software designers, with talks, audience Q&A’s and workshops with the companies founders.

TALK + Q&A ‘The History and Future of Resolume’
The two founders of Resolume, Edwin de Koning and Bart van der Ploeg host a talk about the history and the future of the software, with a sneak preview of Resolume 6.

RESOLUME BEGINNERS WORKSHOP (University of the Arts London):
From zero to hero in 3 hours. This workshop teaches you all you need to know to start VJing with Resolume. Going over ‘what does what’ within the interface and showing the best ways to use it. Starting with the basics of how to load and trigger clips, compositing multiple videos and applying realtime effects and using live cameras. With this workshop you’ll be able to perform a basic VJ set.

RESOLUME ADVANCED WORKSHOP (Richmix):
This is for everyone who already has experience with VJing but wants to get inside the software and to the ‘nitty-gritty’ of the many options Resolume software has to offer. Sync clips to the BPM or have effects ‘pop’ to the music. Use Cue Points and the Beatloopr to remix your footage on the fly. Improve your performance by using midi-controllers. The workshop will also go-over the video mapping tools available, using the powerful warping features Resolume’s Arena software offers to tackle almost any surface.

https://richmix.org.uk/events/music/res ... terclass-0

See you there!
Last edited by Scratchpole on Wed May 03, 2017 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Scratchpole

Re: Splice Festival London May 2017 with Resolume Workshop and Masterclass

Post by Scratchpole »

Registration for the FREE beginners session is here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/splice-f ... 4057889063

Scratchpole

Post by Scratchpole »

All systems are GO!
phpBB [video]

Last few Early Bird weekend tickets available for £40: http://www.splicefestival.com/tickets/

Scratchpole

Post by Scratchpole »

Last few tickets available for the Resolume Materclass this Friday.
https://richmix.org.uk/events/music/res ... terclass-0

The two founders of Resolume; Edwin de Koning & Bart van der Ploeg host an advanced masterclass at Rich Mix.

This is for everyone who already has some experience with VJ’ing in general, but wants to get to the nitty gritty of the many options Resolume has to offer. Sync clips to the BPM or have effects pop to the music. Use Cue Points and the Beatloopr to remix your footage on the fly. Improve your performance by using midi controllers. We’ll go over the video mapping tools you have at your disposal in Resolume. Using the powerful warping features of Arena, you can tackle almost any surface.

http://www.splicefestival.com/splice/lo ... sterclass/

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

Being in the USA and not able to get out there, I would love to watch a broadcast or something. Anything like that available? Maybe a video after the fact? It will be about 9am here and I have to work. More than willing to pay for a seat for that if something can be arranged.

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I attended all three Resolume sessions and it was great to meet Bart and Edwin. Beginners was very beginners and, given its location in the University of the Arts, its price (free) and the level I thought it was intended for the students.

The advanced masterclass wasn't so advanced but Edwin covered a lot of ground without actually going into advanced set-up. Bart did a few minutes on creating generative content.

Then we had a sneak peak (more than a peak) of Resolume version 6.0 - looks awesome!
DAxaLh7XoAA_wg8.jpg

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

V6.0 sneaky peeky!?! Very jealous!

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Bart said, when I asked, that the truth will out and hence we weren't held to secrecy but I think it it is more appropriate for the Resolume devs to explain and reveal v6. From my own perspective though, this update is definitely an Avenue usability release which will appeal to a broader spectrum of users than the v5 (v4.6) release.
IMG_1944.JPG

Meptik

Post by Meptik »

I'm mostly curious - what is the timeline look like for this new version of Resolume?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The problem is that every time we've set a public date for something, people took that as a fixed deadline and planned shows on it. I know you won't, but others will.

It could very well be that next week, we have some gigantic setback, which forces us to push the release back for months and disappoint everybody that planned on it.

So as always, the only answer I can give you is "when it's done". We're hoping it will be this year somewhere.