FX as a source

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

FX as a source

Post by Arvol »

I understand that dragging in an FX as a source is the same thing as adding an FX to a layer router.
But I have a video clip playing on layer 1, in layer 3 above it (layers 2-4 are in a group). I add a colorize FX into the layer and make it red. That layer is mapped to a 200px X 100px size and translated to fit over a certain portion of the raster. When I apply the FX as a clip that part of the raster (where the layer lives) is not colorizing. I think this is due to the layer being in a Group maybe? I was hoping to quickly change the color of this part of the raster using a video from layer 1 as the source but I'm not getting anything. If I hard code the layer router source to Layer 1 it brings in the entire clip then resizes it to the 200px X 100px of the layer. Maybe using a solid color and blend modes would be a better approach? But I'm sure I was using this method in V6 without issues, Maybe I was sleep deprived? lol

I'm hoping this makes sense.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: FX as a source

Post by Zoltán »

Arvol wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 04:33 I understand that dragging in an FX as a source is the same thing as adding an FX to a layer router.
Yes, (we call it video router now.)
Arvol wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 04:33 I think this is due to the layer being in a Group maybe?
Yes, Groups are like small sub-compositions, they bottom layer of the group renders on transparent.
So a video router or effect clip, set to Layers below will see only the group's layers.
I don't think this was different in v6.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: FX as a source

Post by Arvol »

Gotcha, It may have been different for me because I wasn't using groups. I'll try again while eliminating groups. Thanks :)