ALL ABOUT THE COLORS...

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Don Tlikesthecolor_

Post by Don Tlikesthecolor_ »

PLEASE CHANGE THEM!
Or at least, make it costumizeable...
I am not into coding at all, but it cannot be that hard to work out some kind of configuration utility, can it?
maybe not only for colors, but for MIDI prefs and stuff as well... like profiles... this was requested in the forums several times anyway!

besides that issue, I just luv your work.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

building in colour preferences is indeed not quite rocket science but it is a couple of days work to get it running bugg free and we would much prefer to spend this time on more inportand isssues .. and we like a bit of controversy ;-)

ecin_

Post by ecin_ »

get over the colors people, does it really matter? its amazing how offended some people can get by the color pink. from a design standpoint, its a great combination. i'm sure if you had used yellow instead of pink, no one would have said a word.

no ones looking your computer monitor anyway, they're look at the screen.

vj air_

Post by vj air_ »

instead of customisable colours,how about including 2 "skins",resolume 2.0 and "classic".

norm_

Post by norm_ »

I don't get it. Resolume is not Winamp neither the WMP, its a application with a real benefit. And an aim is to use without eye-confusing catchers. I has to have a very functional interface and I think the way it is it's great. There are clear shapes, unimportant things are darker than the important video tabs. It's a live tool... but I'm sure there are a few out prefering a kind of an aqua skin or with a bunny in the background, but this is a real waste of coding time....
Pink is great, cause you realize much faster where's your cursor at. And you'll need it with that big bunch of new featurs and tabs...

PS: greetz to the guy who made the resolume font... met him at the Typo2004 Party..

SuperficiaL_

Post by SuperficiaL_ »

hi guys,

i have to agree with norm!

and besides the short frase about waisting coding time, i like to emphasise that the coders are working their butts off to get the newest version ready. so please work with them.
and if u like the bunny and other customizable things please focus on what u are doing on the screen instead of what your screen looks like to other people.

and its been said before but it can never be said enough,
all hail to bart and eddy for yet another promising version of the allready way coolest vj-app!

Greetz,
SuperficiaL

noce_

Post by noce_ »

1st i got to say that "packaging" issues are not at first position in things to improve.
still, the previews about v 2.0 , grey and pink, it's ok, even better than the green one of the 1.51 v, i prefer a more "light", minimal, serous layout, i like for istance vdmx (only for mac) :
http://www.vidvox.net/products/vdmx/img/traditional.jpg

have a nice v 2.0

noce

lotech_

Post by lotech_ »

The argument was never to change the interface with skins or even backgrounds. The point is that in all honesty pink looks gay. Next thing (for some more controversy) Resolume should change the back colour from black to some goudy flourescent green. Yeah that would be cool.
And I'm not worried what it looks like to others (although I bet the Mac users will laugh at it) but has anyone studied Colour theory? I'm pretty sure Pink is not a complemetary colour to black or grey.
And for the sake of controversy its not worth pissing off half your user base. ya

ecin_

Post by ecin_ »

it was only a matter of time until someone pulled out the g-word to complain about the interface, i knew it would happen eventually.

lame.

Don Tlikesthecolor_

Post by Don Tlikesthecolor_ »

HOLY SHIT!
The resolume color controversy is known thru all vj-boards allready. laughed at by most vjs btw. ;)
when i was starting the post, I did not intend to discriminate anyone. I just don't like the look of the nu interface or to put it in a different way: I don't like it as much as the classic skin.
Believe me, I have no homophobic or what so ever problem because of the pink! This is just like ecin said lame and plain stupid!

I think, that it would be so great to have some kind of preset manager, so everyone can try to make his copy of resolume a little bit more unique.
I also think, that people who try to "do pretty stuff" with video, want a "pretty app" to do that.

as long, as resolume 2 is working (better than the last version), i won't complain about that kind of details...

yeah.... ehm.....whatever.

peace.
The Don