Hello again Ivan,
Regarding IR Mapio 1.1b
(not 1.2b), here are a few things and questions while testing on PC (my specs are in my signature):
- The warping mesh, pillow, etc. are very nice features.
- Readonly check box (protect settings from being changed) is a good idea
- Nice to see it functions with Resolume's opacity control, at 50% one has both mapping and original image together in harmony, just playing around
Other things in question:
- Sometimes the effects "are" and "are not" retained when re-opening editor (Eff Tab, have not established a pattern unfortunately).
- When defining 3 input areas, then switching to their corresponding output areas, the areas are on top of each other; for example, N2 is hidden under N1, and N3 hidden under N2 (yes, CTRL click *or* selecting the designated area in the drop down box makes appear the hidden layer, but at first glance this is not obvious).
- When deleting an additional area in output, it is not refreshed in live display until one closes the editor and then reopens it again.
- One cannot move masks (polygon, etc.) without out individually selecting each point defined and moving them one at a time into place, kinda labor intensive (and one can not add more points to existing mask).
- All effects are are not retained if check box is UN-enabled - that is, one can not create an effect and decide to unable it temporarily, only to turn back to again later because it will be permanently gone, one has to always create the same desired effect again if ever UN-enabled.
- You can only create masks as a group, you can not add more as their own separate entities and thus the problem of wanting to delete just one (UN-check mark enable) in the group, deletes all.
- To undo a point when defining mask, I have to click ESC twice, once does not work (strange, huh?).
- Upon re-opening an existing saved template in the editor, it appears that the effects are missing, but if one selects from the drop down menu one of the defined areas (N1, N2, etc.) and navigates to all, the effects re-appear (this may confuse some to thinking their effects are gone)
- When re-opening Resolume of a previously saved mapped project, the mapping does not seem to appear. If the ir mapio plugin effect is placed on a clip's effect slot, sometimes and sometimes not, it appears, if it is placed onto a layer (I haven't tried composition yet), one has to click enable editor, close editor and then un-enable editor, and then it will appear (again, this may confuse one to think one's mapping settings are gone)
- NaN data type text is appearing in the output mode of (I believe) x position and height (can't remember now), but they function as normal nan/numeric inputs, just FYI.
- What is the point of the black background moving in both input and output modes of editor ?
- Would you ever think to incorporate drawing capability ?