Playhead mapping to mouse movement

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
jakemelon
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Playhead mapping to mouse movement

Post by jakemelon »

Hi,

How do you map playhead control to the mouse movements?

Purpose; You move the mouse up the video moves forward, you move the mouse down it plays it backwards (reverse) and depending on how fast those mouse movements are that is how fast the video plays back. This would simulate "scracthing" of video like a vinyl record.

You should also be able to define the movements (customize):

mouse moving up - advance forward
down - reverse playback

or

left = reverse playback
right = advance forward

Right now outside of manually holding down the playhead and moving your mouse left/right there is no other way of accomplishing this. This type of function should be applicable to any clip that is playing without the need to touch the playhead.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Playhead mapping to mouse movement

Post by Zoltán »

Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

jakemelon
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jakemelon »

Not quite working the desired way, for one the spacebar has to be pressed at all times in order to get the mouse movement control the video clip. In the link you provided it says to use spacebar to toggle, but it does not toggle anything, you actually have to hold the spacebar to be in/out of Composition Bypass. Why is that?

I don't want to tie up both hands; one with the mouse and one with the keyboard.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

You can use whichever key you'd like, doesn't have to be spacebar ;)

On my mouse I have some user assignable buttons, which I can also assing to emulate keypresses. It wokrs quite well to have only one hand occupied.

Otherwise how would Resolume know that when you move the mouse you want it to control the mapping and not move the cursor to piont the pointy thing at things?
What if someone bumps into your table, and just nudges your live clips?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu