multiple grafic cards

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
thomasl
Is taking Resolume on a second date

multiple grafic cards

Post by thomasl »

question for developers....Arena under windows is using grafic card which is set up like main in systen preferences. Am I right? Will be very useful have option for choice of output grafic card directly inside Arena. I'm thinking, that Arkaos has this feature. This is quite useful on machine with multiple diferent cards and slower card can be setup like main for system and for GUI and more powerfull card will be used by ARENA. What do you say?
THX Tom.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: multiple grafic cards

Post by Joris »

What you see in the Output Monitor in the bottom left is actually a scaled down copy of the texture that is being sent to the output.

This is an intrinsic part of how Resolume works, and also why you can't hide the Output Monitor. More importantly, it's why the graphic card that has the GUI on it, needs to be most powerful one you have. All the calculation is done on this card, and then sent to any others.

Admittedly, this is counterintuitive to how you'd logically think it would need to be, but that's computers for you ;)