Parameter animation curves

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Parameter animation curves

Post by Joris »

Officially, OSC command sent to any parameter Clip Tab are 'context' dependent. This means they are always applied to whichever clip is currently highlighted in the tab.

This is reflected when you switch between 'deck' and 'layer' focus. For both options, you'll see that parameters in the Clip Tab are addressed with /activeclip/....

When you address the Layer Tab, switching between 'deck' and 'layer' will show different addresses. /activlayer/... for 'layer' focus, /layer1/.... for 'deck' focus. This means you can address either the active layer, or a specific layer.

As .lov. correctly mentions, this is the official behaviour, and it's documented both in the manual and represented when entering OSC Mapping Mode.

Un-offically, you can send OSC to individual clips as well. /layer1/clip3/video/scale/values will always address the scale of clip 3 in layer 1. Also /activelayer/clip3/.... will work to address the third clip in the active layer.

This behaviour is undocumented, and not officially supported. But it's pretty safe to use, and shouldn't cause any problems.

.lov.
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by .lov. »

Joris wrote:Un-offically, you can send OSC to individual clips as well. /layer1/clip3/video/scale/values will always address the scale of clip 3 in layer 1. Also /activelayer/clip3/.... will work to address the third clip in the active layer.

This behaviour is undocumented, and not officially supported. But it's pretty safe to use, and shouldn't cause any problems.
Thanks Joris, this is really good to know!

Conduit
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Conduit »

What if I don't want the signal to follow changes in activity? Is there a way to specify a deck, layer, and clip simultaneously to ensure that the signal sticks to a specific clip?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Yes, you can.

/layer3/clip2/.... will always target clip 2 from layer 3.

You can never access a clip in a deck which is not active. These clips do not currently exist, as far as Resolume knows.

You can access a clip from another deck when it is currently playing in a layer. Just use the address pattern above.

Conduit
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Conduit »

Ah, okay - I wasn't aware of that nuance of deck operation. I can probably rearrange things to make that work for me. Thanks Joris!