some requests

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
yochee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

some requests

Post by yochee »

Hey resolumers,

thanx for the great update!

1) I like especially the playhead and In and Out points to show their values in MM:SS:FF
--> would it be possible to skip between MM:SS:FF / -MM:SS:FF / frame count? As in AE i usually don't use time but frame count :?

2) strobe effect shows the strobe frequency in Hertz (Hz)
-> i understand this in a technical way, but i think it would be nice to have the choice between Hz and bpm, so beatmatching strobe would be easier. Just type in bpm (or assign spped to global speed/bpm) and have a beatmatched strobe

3) timeline speed
-> same as strobe, not only 0.00-10.000 (percent?) speed but especially in random mode beat matching speed to bpm would be nice! (random steps in bpm speed)
-> possible bug: when setting speed to ten (full speed), the display area is to small and only shows "Speed 1..."

4) touchscreen interfaces + scrolling:
-> we just got 2 touchscreens and its neat to command resolume with these. guess it would be even more fun if it was be possible to not only scroll with the scroll bars but to swipe just within in the interface (like on a mobile phone)

5) just a general question: with visution mapio in avenue on win7 i am able to projection map clips/layers/composition separately. every layer goes to another shape or object.
-> is this also possible on a mac? and is that possible with resolume+madmapper, too? what about arena? any experiences?

Sadler

Re: some requests

Post by Sadler »

To get a beat matched strobe just set a solid colour's animation mode to composition beats - or any parameter for that matter.

There are however several plugins that use built-in frequencies (twitch, glitch) that cannot be timed with beats.

hookerbot

Re: some requests

Post by hookerbot »

yochee wrote: 4) touchscreen interfaces + scrolling:
-> we just got 2 touchscreens and its neat to command resolume with these. guess it would be even more fun if it was be possible to not only scroll with the scroll bars but to swipe just within in the interface (like on a mobile phone)
+1
yochee wrote: 5) just a general question: with visution mapio in avenue on win7 i am able to projection map clips/layers/composition separately. every layer goes to another shape or object.
-> is this also possible on a mac? and is that possible with resolume+madmapper, too? what about arena? any experiences?
Its is possible to do this on a mac within arena or feeding madmapper, from plenty of experience. I'd recommend trying arena on your mac to ensure it will do the slicing and routing you desire (it mostly does for me). As always some time with the manual will help with this process.