Stroke, feather, glow, drop shadow for a clip

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
gabonacorp
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Stroke, feather, glow, drop shadow for a clip

Post by gabonacorp »

Hi,

What do you think about add effects like stroke, feather, glow, drop shadow? Almost like in Photoshop.

Sometimes if we have a panormamic projection we use PiP for live input, or movies at an event. I usually use layer above the background layer for this, give it a 100% opacity, scale down and position it to it's place. It would be nice if I can give the clip border some effects to make it more independent from the background.

I found the drop shadow effect what you guys made years ago but it is just work if I use the crop effect so it works only "inside" the clip border, not outside. I hope I can make myself clear, sorry if it is hardly understandable. I don't want to use this effects for a loop with alpha, I would like to use all the pixels of the video content just add these effects to it's border.

Would it be difficult to add these features as effects?

thanks!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Stroke, feather, glow, drop shadow for a clip

Post by Joris »

You can use the Drop Shadow effect for this, just reverse the order of effects and transformations: https://resolume.com/manual/en/r4/effects#render_order

That way the drop shadow will appear 'outside' your scaled clip.

gabonacorp
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Stroke, feather, glow, drop shadow for a clip

Post by gabonacorp »

Thanks Joris, i tried it and it works! I am always impressed how many small details "hidden" in this amazing software.

thanks again!