Sniffering & Lock

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
martino.cerati
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Sniffering & Lock

Post by martino.cerati »

Hi guys,
are you all okei? This is what i have tested during this time and i'm thinking can be useful for future, during pro-shows where Resolume will be just a Local Media Server like a player.

So:

1 // A PADLOCK for all composition for lock all when you have finished to program what resolume have to do. So let's start your show without touch inaccuratly anything.

2 // A window in composition column where you can find instantly any information about midi IN / OUT and DMX IN / ARTNET. A sort of "Midi Monitor" software for sniffering (http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/) with some settable parameters.

3 // Settings about sniffering like this image into preference settings.

Composition example :

Bye,
Martino C.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Sniffering & Lock

Post by Joris »

This has been discussed before. The problem is that it's hard to define what locking means. If you simply lock everything, how would you control your show? It would be helfpful if you could list what you would like locked and what you would like to still have access to?

Yes, this is on our radar. Most likely it's going to show up in the Preferences tabs for DMX, OSC and Midi.

martino.cerati
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Sniffering & Lock

Post by martino.cerati »

Hi Joris,

1. try to thinking about when you're using resolume like a normal player pre-programmed.
In my case i have 27 clips on 1 layer controlled by Midilan via Ethercom by a Macbook Pro where Logic Pro is running and it send me information about seuqence, position, start and stop pre-programmed via a Midi layer on Logic during pre-tour.

I programmed al my shows like a sort of SMPTE but with only start and stop for playing 1 clip for song.

In this case during the show i don't touch anything on Resolume server but i need to scroll and viewing properties of any single clip (the next that is coming) to verifing if is all okei and if i touch something during soundcheck and videocheck in the afternoon.

At the same time can be possible that i need to click tha name of a clip to view the preview, or something similar.

Well, during all of this case can be possible that unfortunatly i click somethings wrong (because often touchpad is bad, or mouse or blablabla or, you know, unfortunatly something) this is why can be good a padlock for all of properties where you can only scroll all of your clip, properties, composition, layer, all! but you can't modify anything as soon you have PADLOCK LOCK. A general PADLOCK for lock all modifying.

Try to look about RUN and PROGRAM into a lighting desk like Avolites or a "DESK" Lock like any other lighting desk (and i'm talking about light because it's my job but it is similar in many other software) where the only thing that you can make is switch off the software unsless you insert a password.

Obiouvlsly that in this case PADLOCK can be good, i know in VJ mode a general lock can not be an interesting implementation. But if you make a PADLOCK world where you put a general padlock plus a sort of padlocks for single layers, clip properties and blablabla can be a good solution for everyone, in my opinion as well.

2. Good! my opinion is that can be good choose preference into preference tab but the sniffering will be better have an internal windows where you will have not to open any other situation for to see what is going.

Martino.