effects presets

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
coz3r
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

effects presets

Post by coz3r »

In my current venue I do alot of add subtract to match colors with the LD. Clicking the preset window and selecting each preset is fine but it would be super awesome if I could midi or osc map the effect and go. I was thinking one of two things:
1 being able to midi map effect presets
or
2 having multiple copies of an effect and when I activate one it deactivates the others

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: effects presets

Post by Zoltán »

you could achieve something like that by dragging your effects to empty clips on the top layer.
you can then map midi to these effect clips, when one activates the one before switches off, just like they were video clips.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

That would also work really well with the layer router. Select the whole composition and apply your effects to various layer router clips on the same layer (at 100% opacity) then select the various clips using MIDI or OSC (my favorite).

As an alternative to using multiple clips or to make programing easier, you could add Opacity, R, G & B from the Add/Subtract effect to 4 links in the dashboard and assign them to knobs on your Midi controller (that would work great with the endless knows on the APC40) or program your various transitions using a program like Vezer (http://vezerapp.hu/) where you can control your parameters (Midi or OSC) on a timeline.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

You have a couple ways to do this, the guys above have mentioned the best simple ones. I'm just adding other solutions for the hell of it.

The easiest is dragging multiple add/subtract color effects to the composition each with its own preset. Bam, now you just midi map each one to a button. But you have to remember to turn one off when enabling another.

Using Layer router totally fixes this issue. If your like me and don't want lots of extra layers(mine is because i scroll my composition window by midi) you can use bomes to remap buttons into fader values and use hue rotate. Each button does a certain value.

coz3r
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by coz3r »

That worked out well -- Thanks guys