Floating Clips

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Floating Clips

Post by DayVeeJay »

I'd really like to see the ability to have a clip/layer/column float the same way you can make a row/column float in Excel. This would be really useful for things like logos, capture cards, routers or anything else that you need quick access to.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Floating Clips

Post by Joris »

+1

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

+1

Also called anchored row/column or Freeze Panes. This would alleviate my need to restrict myself to four layers (which is actually/probably a good thing).

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

+1
Sadler wrote:This would alleviate my need to restrict myself to four layers (which is actually/probably a good thing).
Have you considered running Resolume on 1920x1080 monitor in portrait mode? That works great with the Scrolling mode turned on and the 1 panel mode.

ReggieUnderground
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ReggieUnderground »

+1 Persistent Layers that do not change as you switch Decks in a Composition. Perfect for logos, inputs, effect clips, etc

If you had to choose whether these layers were always at the bottom or top of each deck, which would you prefer? Both options would be ideal, though if I had to pick one I would rather have them float at the top.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

ReggieUnderground wrote:f you had to choose whether these layers were always at the bottom or top of each deck, which would you prefer? Both options would be ideal, though if I had to pick one I would rather have them float at the top.
Top for sure. I always have my logos and effects clips on top. Layer routers also work best on top.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

+1
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

sushidread
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by sushidread »

That would be a dream come true.
I work in different venues and every night I have to copy/paste all the logos/custom clips to each deck!

Thanks for considering it.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Why don't you give all your logos and custom clips names like logo1, logo2, clip1, clip2, etc.... and swap them in a Logo and Clip folder before you start your comp?

That way Resolume will use whatever clips are loaded in that folder and you won't have to copy/paste!

Let me know if you need more detailed info on how to do that.

sushidread
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by sushidread »

Oaktown wrote:Why don't you give all your logos and custom clips names like logo1, logo2, clip1, clip2, etc.... and swap them in a Logo and Clip folder before you start your comp?
Nice advice! That's so easy...will try it.

Problem is, I'm usually tweaking the clips scaling, x,y position as the screens are in slightly different positions every night, or the logo is too big, or vertical etc....
And often I animate the parameters to make a static logo dynamic, just on the fly.

For this reason a floating layer(s) or something similar would be very useful.
This is the only practical thing I'm missing in resolume.

Another thing I'm missing it's a way to "lock" things up. I can't tell you how many times I removed an effect or moved a layer for mistake (and then all the midi assignments shifted position). I'd really like to work on my setup and then "lock" everything (can't delete, can't move), that would be great.