Not having to reboot due to audio interface going down

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
bryerkerk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Not having to reboot due to audio interface going down

Post by bryerkerk »

It would be nice to not have to reboot Resolume or delete the audio in that clip when my audio interface/network goes down to get Resolume to play the content.

Example: I'm in a show and my Dante Network or interface goes down some how and I go to fire a clip with audio for the video. The video will not fire unless I reboot Resolume or delete the audio from the clip then fire video again then the video plays with no audio.

This has not happened to me in a show but I didn't have my Virtual Sound Card on and when I turned it on while Resolume was running I went to fire the video it did not play it. So I had to reboot Resolume

This would be nice not prevent this happening in a live setting!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Not having to reboot due to audio interface going down

Post by Joris »

When a device is added to or removed from the system, you will need to update its status via the preferences.

When you add a sound device during operation, you have to let Resolume know you want to use it as the main audio output. When a sound device is lost during playback, you will need to let Resolume know which audio device you want to use as its replacement. Both these things can be done via the audio tab of the preferences.

If we were to make these decisions for you, very unexpected things can happen when plugging and unplugging devices.