preview for layer router/effect clip/file

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: preview for layer router/effect clip/file

Post by Zoltán »

Yeah, I saw you are looking for a C++ developer, with openGL knowledge and 5+ years experience.
I don't have that kind of experience and would need catching up in C++, I know nothing about openGL but am a fast learner.
I am more in the web side of programming. java, php. but one language is just like the other.

I am like Sheldon Cooper recognising written sarcasm, but if you are serious about this we could talk in private. :D
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: preview for layer router/effect clip/file

Post by Joris »

Thanks for understanding, Ravensc.

It's not meant to be sarcastic. When I take the time to explain the problem we have with a certain feature request, I don't do that because we have no idea how a possible solution could work. We're not complete idiots.

( Well, not all the time anyway ).

When I explain the problem, it's to let you know we have respect for your ideas and suggestions, and we'd love to make them a reality for you. We just don't have the time to make that happen. Usually the problems I mention make the problem so complex they would involve several days of refactoring and testing. Maybe I need to take a different approach in expressing this, but I do it because all user requests and suggestions are relevant and important, and I feel that as a user you deserve to know why something is not going to change.

In this particular case, 99.99% of the time, the Layer Router will eventually be triggered into a layer anyway, so it's just as easy to preview it there with the opacity turned down. So in this case, the amount of work involved and risk for breaking other things is just too much compared to the added benefit it brings.