FR: on/off mouse triggering in "piano" mode

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
knickers
Is taking Resolume on a second date

FR: on/off mouse triggering in "piano" mode

Post by knickers »

please interpret my recent slew of FRs as interest and the result of my productivity with Resolume, rather than any perceived shortcomings.

OK - so i'm using PIANO style triggers for all clips because i'm triggering them mostly from MIDI from my launchpad. this works great. note on, note off both function as one would want.

however, when i try to audition a clip from mouse, i must hold the mouse down in order to trigger the clip continuously. so FR--as option, allow for toggle when in this trigger mode: one click to NOTEON, and another to NOTEOFF.

this would be very handy.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: FR: on/off mouse triggering in "piano" mode

Post by Joris »

This is perhaps handy for your specific use-case, but fundamentally breaks the consistency for how external inputs are handled.

Right now the logic is the same across the board. The first press triggers a clip, and when set to piano, releasing ejects again. It makes no difference whether that is by keyboard, midi, dmx, osc or mouse, press and release are all handled the same. When you change the triggering mode to piano or normal, you do so for all input types.

Then introducing a new type of behaviour for one type of input is not something that's likely to happen.