My wishlist!

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
VJSAW
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

My wishlist!

Post by VJSAW »

Im not sure if some or all allready poped up somewhere, but here is my wishlist:

"Error" Fixes:
1. Preview load of the Decks, while loading/switching, still slows down the framrate.

Thats an issue from the very first "new" version. Isnt there really no solution? XML way seems to be far to slow.
I know there is a "workaround" like make really small decks, but with the deck structur "finding decks" handling its really pain.

Improves:

1. Right Click on a Clip in the Active Channel with the option "show in deck" - like the existing option "show in explorer"

2. Find Comps and Decks in the Browser with pressing a letter on the keyboard, like in any OS Browser or the very old version of Resolume.

I known its beeing discussed, that the list ist sorted from "old to new" or "new to old" doesnt make sense to me, but I wouldn`t mind if it would be possible for example to press the Letter "A" to find decks/comps starts with "A". I personally dont have time to search ages for a deck in the middle of a creative live mix. For me VJ is mainly a creative spontaneously process, and nothing that is sortet from "old to new" and searching for decks.

3. Same for Effects. For example , I want to use "invert" so I have webt to all the catergories and sub categories to finally find it. Wouldnt it be much better to preess "I" a couple of times? We guys have the fastest GPUs but slowest possible to find a effect ;)

4. Keep the setting in the Clip Window

Lets say I chage the clip settings from "basic" to "timeline" and set a In and Out Point. When I change it to "basic" and back to "timeline" again, the IN and OUT Points are gone. Would be nice if the settings stays and not reseted.

5. Option for change deck name from the sidetab.

6. Last but not least SLI support ;)

movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: My wishlist!

Post by movebandit »

+1 !
@ Point 2: Or just a simple Search function like press "IN" and the marker jumps to Invert effect.

Additional:
-Please add a Deck Preview Function like the eye in the 2.41.
-Set Layers as Master Layers, or a funktion like "Ignore deck load" to keep this layers always in all decks available (like Layer Routing and Effect Layers)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for your feedback! You'll be happy to know that most of your requests are already on our radar. Still it's great to get these posts every once in a while to remind us where you think we should put our focus.

I do have a few questions.

Re 2 and 3. You can already find decks and effects by typing their name. For instance typing 'inv' while your mouse is over the effects tab, will bring you to the Invert RGB effect. This searching can still definitely be improved, but the basic functionality you describe is there.

Re 6. Why would you like SLI support? When in SLI or Crossfire mode, the outputs of the second graphic card are switched off. So it's no good for getting extra outputs. Then, the extra graphical processing power gained by having a second GPU is great for architectural or medical software that need to push millions of vertices around. Resolume only needs 4 vertices per video. So unless you're running a 100% generative set, I think you may be disappointed in the actual benefits SLI has for Resolume.

VJSAW
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by VJSAW »

Joris wrote:Thanks for your feedback! You'll be happy to know that most of your requests are already on our radar. Still it's great to get these posts every once in a while to remind us where you think we should put our focus.
Thats great!
Joris wrote:Re 2 and 3. You can already find decks and effects by typing their name. For instance typing 'inv' while your mouse is over the effects tab, will bring you to the Invert RGB effect. This searching can still definitely be improved, but the basic functionality you describe is there.
WOW! Havnt knewn that! thx!
Joris wrote:So unless you're running a 100% generative set, I think you may be disappointed in the actual benefits SLI has for Resolume.
OK. U r right ;) true!