Ignore Incoming MIDI when not in focus

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
kclarkmusic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Ignore Incoming MIDI when not in focus

Post by kclarkmusic »

This is a great feature that VDMX has that is extremely powerful that I am missing in Resolume.

The APC40 mk2 seems to be the controller of choice for Arena, and I'd have to agree. You have that single row of 8 encoder across the top which is perfect to map to Dashboard controls.

Now the beauty of Encoders is that the LEDs can dynamically update meaning you can control multiple "pages" of parameters with the same physical controls.

So what I would like to do is map that single set of 8 faders to all of my Dashboard macro knobs (layers and composition).

Now the ideal situation would be that only the current Active layer would respond to incoming MIDI for those controls, allowing my to maximize control of my show file without having to have loads of knobs on my controllers.

Unless this has been recently updated, this did not work for me last week. Both in Composition and Application mapping, mapping Encoder 1 to Dashboard Macro 1 on all layers, will simultaneously turn all Macro knobs, regardless of which layer is currently active.

Basically, if layer is not in focus or Active, don't listen to any incoming MIDI data. When I change focus to another layer, update the LED rings on the encoders to show current values of parameters for that actively viewed layer.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Ignore Incoming MIDI when not in focus

Post by Joris »

I think what you're after is 'layer focus' shortcut mapping.

https://resolume.com/manual/en/r5/contr ... rd_control

kclarkmusic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Ignore Incoming MIDI when not in focus

Post by kclarkmusic »

That is it. Thanks!