"Punch through" layers

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

"Punch through" layers

Post by DHoude »

So I have about 10 decks assembled and a few layers on only my first deck are dedicated to logos. The rest of my decks have those same layers empty. It might be nice to set layers to persist on each deck so that I don't have to copy all clips to each deck initially, or as I make changes to the clips in those layers. Then my logo changes will be updated to be the same for each deck and in turn, less deck switching to get back to my logos (or whatever content really).

So all the same clips in a given layer, but available on each deck. Similar to the "Ignore column trigger" setting for a layer works the same for that layer on all decks.

A similar concept could be an Alias or Shortcut to each clip. These could be placed anywhere (any layer or deck), but updates to the source clip would be available to each Alias or Shortcut.

ReggieUnderground

Re: "Punch through" layers

Post by ReggieUnderground »

Has been discussed a few times in the forums. This is currently my most-wanted feature as well.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9893
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11963

DHoude

Re: "Punch through" layers

Post by DHoude »

Thanks, Persitant layers is probably a better description. Guess we all call it something differet!