Pass Audio when layer is Bypassed (Toggle option)

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
kclarkmusic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Pass Audio when layer is Bypassed (Toggle option)

Post by kclarkmusic »

I often find myself using Layer Bypass in oder to send specific content to certain slices in the Advanced Output settings.

Or perhaps I have a video that was pre produced scaled the LED wall raster and I want to send the full frame to the output (where are my general VJ content layers are selective cropped to fist on the LED wall)

In my current production, we have a fully produced video segment in the middle of the show, complete with audio. I ended up having to bounce out the audio and add a layer just for the Audio.

I suppose I could move the dedicated video layer to the bottom of my layer stack and do some Layer Routing trickery, but this seems like a useful option to have.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Pass Audio when layer is Bypassed (Toggle option)

Post by Joris »

I would consider this more of a problem with how layer to slice routing is not always the best possible solution for what you want to achieve.

Instead of adding another toggle option for something which should just work intuitively, I would much rather work on better positioning and scaling options in the composition. That way you don't have to resort to all sorts of bypassing and routing abracadabra, and you don't need more toggle options for all the problems that arise out of that.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

kclarkmusic wrote:I often find myself using Layer Bypass in oder to send specific content to certain slices in the Advanced Output settings.
instead using Bypass, by switching off the Input Opacity toggle you see on the slice controls, and setting the layer video opacity to 0% you can get almost the same behavior, keeping the audio in tact.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

kclarkmusic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by kclarkmusic »

+1 to Jorris

I will try the Opacity = 0 approach out.

Cheers!