Dmx Fixture Editor

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
tmorganlx
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Dmx Fixture Editor

Post by tmorganlx »

Hi, Id like to see a more in depth Fixture builder and lumiverse settings. Im a Ld first so the dmx feature was the best thing you could of added to Resolume 5 :) Already Loved Arena but Dmx out was the icing on the cake

1: Being able to edit the shape of the fixture and adding a blank and moving cells around within the editor for those awkward fixtures (think color web) I hate to mention other programs but similar to the click and place idea in madmapper.

2: Be able to copy whole lumiverse when creating large pixel maps Then to simply renumber the lumiverse afterwards. So for instance today i tried to map some color web all i can say i it took a while. Even being able to group fixtures and save that preset of the layout maybe would of Helped.

3: Whilst i get its a Vj tool first, the added pixel mapper make it far more appealing to lighting folks. But i ran 4 lumiverse's today and was getting low memory warnings i was not touching my system resources ( running at 12%) id quickly eat up twice that and want to drive a video wall form the same system in alot of shows. Is 64bit going to appear?

other than that Love Arena 5 looking forward to the features developing in the future. :)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Dmx Fixture Editor

Post by Joris »

1) I googled 'color web dmx' and came up with a discontinued regular rectangular fixture. Maybe you can give an example of a use case where you need more control over a fixture?

3) Low memory is more likely caused by your content than your Lumiverses.

tmorganlx
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by tmorganlx »

Thanks for the reply. Yes as it looks it is a simple square but for some bizarre reason its not mapped as it looks.
Its split into two panels which are not square. Which are an odd layout. I guess a group feature on the layout screen so once id made one fixture out of single cells i could group them for saving and recalling so to make them all symmetrical and spaced the same the grouping would also be useful when making round fixtures. The copy lumiverse feature would be more useful for larger layouts where the fixtures are the same layout spread out. I could well be my content but id never seen it before even with the same content. Iv attatched a picture of the color web 125 layout hopefully it makes sense. Also it would be nice to have a grid overlay for the fixture layout on the input window. Hope this makes sense. :)
Layout of color web
Layout of color web
Thank you.

Tom

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the screenshot, I can see how such a fixture layout would be problematic. We'll see if we can think of an elegant solution to work with less common fixture layouts.