BPM /2 & X2 available while using midi clock input

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
HI5
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

BPM /2 & X2 available while using midi clock input

Post by HI5 »

Right now the BPM /2 & X2 buttons only work while u use manual TAP of the BPM.
Would be nice to make them also available while using a midi clock signal for bpm value.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: BPM /2 & X2 available while using midi clock input

Post by Joris »

What will happen then is that you will divide the BPM by half, while the Midi clock keeps tapping for you and set it right back to the old value.

It's really either/or in this case.

HI5

Post by HI5 »

Ill stay with manual TAP then :geek:

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

This interest me because as far as I know there is no way to midi map anything to control the comps speed with bpm synced clips. Currently the only way to /2 x2 bpm synced clips is on the clip level. Which can be a handful drilling down and using the tiny buttons with the mouse. Lol specially in tiny NYC clubs where your optical mouse can't even track from the amount of base..

I find it valuable to /2 x2 bpm for quick build ups in a song. Just currently I need to drill down into the clip I'd like to adjust.

I read the thread and understand there are logic / code issues. But what other solution is there to allow us to realisticly map some kinda speed control to a physical controller? Or maybe there is a better solution that someone can hit me with. I'm all for learning techniques that maybe I can adopt.

I prefer to get bpm through other means then tap since I fairly busy managing other things.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

When you use an external method to set the global bpm, there is no way to then adjust the global bpm in Resolume. Because the external method is now responsible for setting the BPM. The only way to then adjust it is at the source of the external method.

You can however, adjust in Resolume the multiplier of properties synced to that BPM, such as in how many beats the clip plays back.

When you use Application Midi Map, you can map Midi shortcuts to the *2 and /2 buttons for the active clip. Adjusting its multiplier then becomes a very quick 2 part action. First preview the clip (or layer containing the clip) you want to adjust to make it active, then use the Midi shortcut to adjust it.

I'm not sure why you say this is not possible via Midi. I'm guessing you may be using Comp Midi Map. This is not the mode you want to use. It requires mapping the same shortcut to each and every clip in your deck, and ain't nobody got time for that.

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

Hmm I checked it out again. Oddly I remember mapping midi notes to the active clips multiplier and it only worked for that one individual clip and being disappointed which lead my to my response before. You might be right it was must have simply been using comp midi map which sounds a lot like my experience. Not sure why I'd decide to do that and wouldn't consider that.

Before I responded I wanted to check again with version 4.5.4 which is out of date but shocked it is working just as you explain. Every clip that is activated the same keys I mapped work on the multiplier.

Anyways I'm much happier with this knowing this at least gets me some place. I take it this wont help us change the speed of more then one clip at the same time since it requires having a clip selected.