Clip Transitions

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Clip Transitions

Post by Zoltán »

What you can change in Resolume via OSC you can also control via DMX.
I have worked with the Etc EOS, it has a fixture profile for Resolume, which is DMX/Artnet based.
The MA has one too probably.
For clip triggering you'd want the transition time sent first and then the clip trigger itself, so that may require two cues on the board.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

daan.hzndnk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Clip Transitions

Post by daan.hzndnk »

Hi There,

I am using Resolume for theater. I use the clip transition time a lot. I let Qlab take care of the OSC messages saying in what time to fade to the next clip. Sometimes I would like to have a transition time longer than 10 seconds. It would be a great help for me if Resolume could make the fades for me. Right now, I make these fades the oldskool way by having two layers and sending out OSC-messages fading the opacity of the layers or clips.

Would it be possible to make a OSC function that works this way:
/composition/layers/1/transition/durationlong Float 0.0 - 1.0 (range 0.0 - 3600.0) which makes it possible to make a 1 hour fade maximum.
Personally I would like Int xxxxx - seconds better because it needs less calculating and above 10 seconds I don't need a fade as precise as xx,5 seconds. If someone would want that, there are other ways of programming that. But for consistency matters the float is better and more precise.

I personally would not need an interface-change for this to happen but an idea for this would be: double-clicking the T from the Transition-time fader, pop up dialog where you can enter the time in seconds.

I know you guys are not ready for adding new features yes to R6 but I just thought I drop this whish. Thanks soo much!