Link 2 or more Resolume

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
PERCYJOSEPH
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Link 2 or more Resolume

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Hi. Can somebody guide me on how to link 2 resolume running on the same network to sync the playback.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Link 2 or more Resolume

Post by Oaktown »

Use OSC, a wired 1G network, one master and one slave. Read the manual for more information on how to set it up.

PERCYJOSEPH
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Hi. My main concern is how to make Resolume work like Provideoplayer or similiar programs. Let me explain. I have a project where 12 outputs are there and I am using 5 machines to deliver all these outputs. Can I control all these 5 machines from a single point. like triggering 1 clip on my deck will automatically trigger the same clip on all the other machines running the same composition. If i am just using Windows then i can use softwares like Hotkeynet to trigger the same key on all the other machines via key mapping, but in my case it is windows and mac combination and hotkeynet doesn't work on mac machines.

joedanger1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by joedanger1 »

Resolume is a VJ software.

From what I see on the website, provideoplayer is a playback software capable of spanning across multiple displays.

We use a combination of dataton, which is provideoplayer for windows, and resolume in our venue. 5 Dataton PCs consisting of 1 Master Content/Production PC controlling 4 Display PCs controlling 12 projectors. For another area, Resolume (1 Resolume PC to 2 Projectors).

We would love if Resolume can control our 12 projectors but I don't think it was what it was intended to do and even if it could, sync-ing content across multiple resolume PCs seems to be fraught with pitfalls.