Advance output

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
mrfipe
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Advance output

Post by mrfipe »

Hello PERCYJOSEPH,

You could use layer router to do what you need,

create 3 layers, layer 1 put your videos on, layer 2 route to slice 1 and layer 3 route to slice 2.
3Media servers i7 860 8GB RAM 240GB SSD Nvidia 760
1Media server i7 7800X 16GB RAM 240GB SSD Nvidia 1080
1Media server dual Xeon E5 2650 V2 32GB RAM 240GB SSD Nvidia 1080 + 970
1MacBook Pro 15 Retina i7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Nvidia 750

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

PERCYJOSEPH wrote:Hi. I am attaching an image file to show what my requirement is, Please check the image file.
I have created 2 slices from the same layer1, slice one showing the full screen the output same as the input and on slice two i have created a "make circle" from the same layer1. now on live what i wanted is to switch on and off these slices without opening the advance output window screen.
Go to the Slices panel - if you don't see it enable it in View menu.
Drag and Screen 1 from the slices panel onto your clip (or layer, etc).
You see the Slice transform effect is added to your clip, with the 2 slices you have in advanced output.
Now you can map a shortcut to the B(ypass) buttons you see next to the slices in the effect.
Use those to switch your clip to one or both of the slices.

Granted, it doesn't work exactly the same way as if you would switch slices on and off if the Input slices overlap.
If you need overlapping slices, then having 2 separate layer for each slice, slices routed from those layers, place Video Routers to the routed layers where you want to display content and you can launch the Video Router clips.
Upside is you can fade the content in the slices in and out.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

PERCYJOSEPH
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Thanks Zoltan, you understood the issue and what i am driving to. The whole thing can be done so easily if midi mapping is allowed on the advance output too. There are times where when we are live on a show we can't play around with the output presets too because the assigned screen output won't be fired at the right LEDs, it all depend on how the windows10 map those screen. So playing with the presets is risky and blank might go on to the outputs. If the resolume team is monitoring please add this to your wish list.