Delay for video in Advanced Output when using NDI or Syphon/Spout?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
CaseyJ
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Delay for video in Advanced Output when using NDI or Syphon/Spout?

Post by CaseyJ »

Is there a way to access the delay feature shown when selecting "Display 1, etc" in "Advanced Output" such that it could work for NDI or Syphon/Spout?

It would be great to have a robust way to delay the output slightly.

Thanks!

Film35HD
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Delay for video in Advanced Output when using NDI or Syphon/Spout?

Post by Film35HD »

I am not a Resolume expert, but as a legacy Film/TV Broadcasting and Video Engineer, any delay control is always a good idea.

Thankfully, in the PREFERENCES pull-down menu, under AUDIO there is the Master Output audio delay, but for NDI (Video over I.P.) and even traditional SDI (Serial Digital Interface, Component Digital) having "robust" individual channel (layer) Video/Audio DELAY control is standard in TV, because feeds come from all over the world outside of the TV station and thus there is varying delay on every signal.

Adding that in Resolume would only make the program at the highest, Theatrical Film and Broadcast TV level that other "VJ" programs would be lacking.

CaseyJ

Post by CaseyJ »

I agree this would be an awesome feature! Good to know there is audio too!

I am really using this for live broadcast into Zoom Meetings. Sort fo a DIY TV Station where we can mix in cameras (audio is piped right into Zoom from our Scarlett USB-Audio interface).

Does a significant amount of delay cause the memory to get filled u quickly if it is a large cache?

Any other programs that might do this as a side chain like some sort of syphon/spout loop in/out?

Thank you!

davide93
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by davide93 »

I would love it could be delayed even for 5 seconds actually.
It's a while I'm looking for a way to set a delay for the video.

Davide

RossMcIntosh

Post by RossMcIntosh »

CaseyJ wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 19:57 I am really using this for live broadcast into Zoom Meetings. Sort fo a DIY TV Station where we can mix in cameras (audio is piped right into Zoom from our Scarlett USB-Audio interface).
If that's how you are using it, I'm surprised you're needing to add delay to the video, If anything video would be behind the audio already, or at least that's been my experience with any software mix for NDI where audio is coming from another interface.

Though I still support the idea of delay control per output.

CaseyJ

Post by CaseyJ »

Yes, the video is more delayed already than the audio.

I ask for video delay, of which the native plugin/effect seems to do the best, because even though the cameras are delayed each camera has a different delay. So I want to maybe get those to sync up and then find a way to delay the audio so everything can be on the same page.

I realize I might be reinventing the wheel here as other software might do a better job but I am working with what I know!