16 to 24 bits resolution on DMX channels

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
mikeholm
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: 16 to 24 bits resolution on DMX channels

Post by mikeholm »

Looking forward to see what you have coming up in v5.

I use the provided fixture. It works alright with grandMA systems, but the standard Hog III fixture and the standard mapping in Resolume Arena 4 does not fit.

Another feature that would be highly appreciated, would be a DMX control mode, were all values take the hard value of the assigned DMX channel. As things are now, I have to "activate" a parameter by changing the DMX value, and I can change the value of a parameter from the computer - this can sometimes give some unexpected replays of the same cue. I want the media server to track the lighting console 100% - and those who might not find that feature useful, can simply choose not to use it.

Ianr
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Ianr »

Still looking forward to the addition of CITP thumbnails so my chamsys can see them :-)

najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by najrock »

+1 for better resolution... I find that using a desk to control effects is pretty awesome given that you can use the consoles fx generators to drive them... this is similar to other vj softwares but where you really win is the ability to create presets on the desk for specific songs ( say if you are touring with one specific act.)

Ive also found it useful to create video looks ahead of time that are triggered by an LD while I am operating video. This lets us have big coherent moments of the show where everything is doing something complimentary. it is nice to mix premeditated and on the fly techniques...

essentially lighting consoles are big midi controllers that can record movements and play them back whenever you want them... so the real thing I would like to see is DMX control of the advanced output slices and layouts... which I can only assume is in the works for 5 cause it is a no brainer and really IMO is the coolest way to make your video show not only insane but also much more of a dimmer show in the sense that you can address every single LED panel in an array and then drive bitmap effects over them just as you would a group of lighting fixtures...

as well as simple stuff like being able to change the output mappings from song to song for greater variety...

that being said as far as clip triggering goes I still find it easiest to drag and drop from the file browser... we dont get setlists very often and have hundreds of possible songs so its easiest to just organize them into folders and go from there...

granted if it was possible with resolume I would like to put ALL the clips in at once but as of right now that would crash the system... this would allow for a more lampy friendly way of working...

but since i am a hybrid i guess i dont really mind it and i would never run a show without my servers at FOH

just did a large show like this and it was super fun

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

+1 for being able to dmx map slices in Res5. Hopefully with a dimming function that goes to black.

I built up a simple system with touch designer for controlling the brightness of each panel by the board. With the MA FX engine we had some cool stuff happening in no time. Would be mighty sweet to have in resolume.