Connecting 8 720p projectors + Led Panel + Master Display

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Mariusblk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Connecting 8 720p projectors + Led Panel + Master Displa

Post by Mariusblk »

Good to know about the TripleHead2Go scheme, already purchased most of the parts including rhe MST from Club 3D. I'm just waiting for the 290s to start building the scheme. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as i'll make it work.

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by hive8 »

I kinda have the same setup here at my club I use 2 gtx 970 with 6 outputs

1 output main LED wall 1920 x 1200
1 output second wall 1920 x 1080
2 outputs for two data path X4 1920 x 1080
1 output as preview monitor for all the mappings
1 output for the main screen where I see resolume and the program windows.

Everything runs pretty smooth. If you have questions let me know.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

Mariusblk

Post by Mariusblk »

Thank you for sharing your setup but 2 x 970 + 2 x datapath x4 is a HUGE load on money. You can make the same thing using AMD video cards and Club 3d MST or Triple Head 2 Go.

Almost done with my setup, PC is in place, need to set the projectors.

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by hive8 »

Your right you can of course, from personal experience the data path is more stable if the installation is critical.
The worst thing that can happen is projector loses signal and all goes blue.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

hive8 wrote:Your right you can of course, from personal experience the data path is more stable if the installation is critical.
The worst thing that can happen is projector loses signal and all goes blue.
Just a hint you may already know :

Inside most projectors you can set the default colour to different values, so in worst case i allways got a blackscreen instead of blue ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Mariusblk

Post by Mariusblk »

Ok guys, after some small problems with the hardware vendors, that delayed my setup, i managed to make it work. All works as planned using 2 x r9 290 and 2 x Club 3d MST x4.
For this setup i had a real badass pain configuring the MST x4, not so nice experience using them. Allways had to reset the hubs to connect the next projector, sometimes when i restart OS, after login, nothing happens with the MST's, i have to reset them and sometimes only 1 works, but i have to reset both anyway. I contacted Club 3d about this issue, if u search my nickname you will find the post on their forum, and one of their representatives told me to mail my phone number so they can call me to resolve the problem. It's been 2 weeks since then, nothing happened.

Regarding Resolume, i'm using 4.1.8 and sometimes after i connect the 4th source the screens start to flicker really bad and sometimes i can connect 5 or 6, never 8. Any fix on that?

Regarding my setup and not considering the problems, MST's x4 and Resolume Arena 4.1.8 all works fine, so if u ever need a cheap setup to make some cool visuals, this can work for you too.

Thank you all for the advice and please help me with that serious flicker.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Could you describe the flicker in some more detail? Or perhaps film it? Terms like flicker are so broad and open for many interpretations, that it's always very helpful to see what we're talking about.

Mariusblk

Post by Mariusblk »

I wish i could have recorded that, now some artists are working on the walls and the system is offline, and it would take me like 1 day to rebuild it.

How to put it, when the flicker starts, even if i set each projector to display a different solid color, or a full color loop, it starts blinking very fast and the screen is almost black, from time to time i can distinguish the layer or the color, but because of the flicker is almost monochrome. Dammit, if i could now start the system :)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

So do all the monitors flicker, or only a specific set?

Mariusblk

Post by Mariusblk »

When i connect the 5th or 6th (but just in some cases) they all start to flicker.