Remote Desktop Control

Bro, does your rig even lift?
dereknickell
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Remote Desktop Control

Post by dereknickell »

Hi,

I have a stand alone (no internet connection) Win 7 box with an AMD 7870 driving three projectors @ 1024X768, a 50" 1920X1080 television and a control display also at 1920X1080.

The system is wired into a wireless router since we have DMX controllers running the LED as well as the Resolume control.

I have been looking for a remote desktop application that will allow me to view the desktop and the control interface while still utilizing the GPU for the multiple outputs. (the cpu is hidden away and I want to control and view the projection at the same time) Tried the Remote Desktop Chrome App - haven't got that to work right yet.

I have tried Team Viewer which requires a web connection - so that is out - Remote Desktop kills the other outputs and only gives me the single display option.

If anyone has info, send it. THX.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Remote Desktop Control

Post by Zoltán »

team viewer has a direct IP connection feature where you don't need internet connection, just use the ip address of the target machine, as the ID.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

4eyes
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by 4eyes »

We used a product from LogMeIn for a setup just like yours at a nightclub. One master machine with a UI would remote into two headless slave machines over a local network connection (no internet).

LogMeIn is confusing because they have a lot of different products with similar names. I think the one we used was called LogMeIn Central. I'd recommend sending them an email explaining what you're looking for. That's how I figured it out.

Cheers

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

4eyes wrote:We used a product from LogMeIn for a setup just like yours at a nightclub. One master machine with a UI would remote into two headless slave machines over a local network connection (no internet).

LogMeIn is confusing because they have a lot of different products with similar names. I think the one we used was called LogMeIn Central. I'd recommend sending them an email explaining what you're looking for. That's how I figured it out.

Cheers

Logmein was my go to for about 10 years before they started charging. Hamachi and Ultra VNC was the bee's knee's.
I'm on Team Viewer these days.
I haven't looked into Logmein for a while, Was really bummed they canceled all the accounts they had until you paid for their service. (I'm all for paying for service, but I couldn't justify their price for the little I used it in my workflow),
Do they have anything worth looking into these days? I know they have a TON of products.

dereknickell

Post by dereknickell »

Thanks for the responses. I'll try both.
Sr. AV Technician - Henry V Events
http://www.henryvevents.com
Direct: 503.232.6666

dereknickell

Post by dereknickell »

Team Viewer works great now that I know how to set the damn thing up. :)

Thanks for the help - now on to trouble shooting video card issues.
Sr. AV Technician - Henry V Events
http://www.henryvevents.com
Direct: 503.232.6666