Gamepad to midi control

Bro, does your rig even lift?
vexmand
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Gamepad to midi control

Post by vexmand »

Hi

I'm trying to break into triggering with midi devices and seem to be having some startup issues.
As far as I understand I need to convert the gamepad signals to midi signals, and that I can do so with app's such as Vmidijoy or rejoice.
So my question is: how do I get resolume to work together with the gamepad and vmidijoy?

All help much appreciated!

regards

vexmand

VJ_Chico
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Gamepad to midi control

Post by VJ_Chico »

Hello Vexmand.

Well, I dont know VMidiJoy or Rejoice, but if it is what you said, it get joystick data then output as midi data, no problem here, could you make it react in some way to your joystick?

If it is midi you will need a loopback hardware to plug in your midi port (bad option) or a virtual midi port, you can try MidiYoke, then you need to configure VMidiJoy to output midi data in one of MidiYoke's virtual ports (any will be ok), made this, if VMIDIJOY is working, activated and sending the midi data you just need to open resolume and configure in the midi panel.

Good luck. Please Reply!

vexmand

Post by vexmand »

thanks for the reply. I just need to process your tips and I will get back

vexmand

Post by vexmand »

I tried vmidijoy again with some support from vjforums and got a bit further, but with no fantastic results. I could only get the left stick to work.
I also tried rejoice - and that worked better although I'm not complete control of it