Is This Macbook Pro Good For Resolume Avenue?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
kavinderjana
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Is This Macbook Pro Good For Resolume Avenue?

Post by kavinderjana »

Hi Can Anyone Please Tell Me Is This Macbook Pro good for running resolume avenue will run smoothly or i have to go for another one?

regards..... :D

Brand Apple
Processor Intel Core i7
Processor Speed (MHz) 2.66GHz
- Processor Cache Memory (KB) 3MB shared
- System bus 1066MHz
Display Screen Size (Inches) 15.4"
Display Screen Type LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
Maximum Display Resolution (dpi) 1440-by-900
Memory (RAM) Size 4GB
- Type of Memory (DDR / DDR2) DDR3
Inbuilt HDD & Type 500GB
Graphics Card Type Intel HD Graphics5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with automatic graphics switching
Speakers Stereo speakers with subwoofers
LAN 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet
WiFi AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi
Battery lithium-polymer battery
Operating system installed Mac

c2gm

Re: Is This Macbook Pro Good For Resolume Avenue?

Post by c2gm »

ooo men of course!°

vexmand

Post by vexmand »

Hi there

I'm also looking at getting a MBP soon, with somewhat the same specs. The basic model at the apple store provides a hardrive with 5400rpm, and I was wondering whether its extremely necessary to pay the 150€ extra for a harddisk which operates at 7200rpm?

regards
André
/vj vexmand

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

In general faster is better, but maybe that $150 is better off invested in a fast high bandwidth external drive, such as eSata, FW800 or SSD.

vjquark
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by vjquark »

If u wanna do some serious VJing, forget about 5400rpm...u can always buy a way cheaper HDD from internet to your notebook and pay cca 30 euros to a certified apple technician/company to change it ( so u will not loose warranty) + u can use the original one as an external backup disk, u just buy yourself a case.. i recommend 2,5" 500GB Western Digital or Seagate... and of course for video loops u need external HDD 7200rpm and definitely use either FW 800 or eSATA ( via Express card)...... :evil:

ROTOR

Post by ROTOR »

I recently read that you don't lose warranty (of course only if you don't break it) - is it maybe only in germany like this? I am thinking about buying a mbp but .. I actually don't want to pay money for exchanging it. I also read that even in the mbp manual there is an instruction how to change the hdd - so ... might be an evidence that you wouldn't lose warranty?

vjquark

Post by vjquark »

Rotor, u can do it yourself, but with MBP there are sooo many tiny screws and u will need some special screwdrivers, but!!! u will not have a receipt about official/warranty change, and there could be a problem if later u apply warranty for some other reasons and they find out different hardware inside with no proof of official change..In this case u'll have to put back the original hardware before u apply for warranty service..... :idea:

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

yeah i'll be getting a simlar model of Mac. I think i would just like to projector 640x480 and th2go. no need for insane resolutions just yet!