Can anyone help me map s4 jog wheels to scratch resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
mrreck
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can anyone help me map s4 jog wheels to scratch resolume

Post by mrreck »

Hi folks,

im trying to map the s4 to control resolume 4 transport controls, so that i can scratch an av clip with them.

I hit shift browse to enter midi mode and then on resolume go into midi mapping mode (edit application midi map and/or edit composition midi map) I select the transport control for the clip and move the jog wheel. It comes up with 2/2 or if i press the jog wheel 2/3

Ive tried different configurations on the s4 editor for the wheel turn and wheel push but best ive got so far is getting the transport to move forwards and backwards when its not being played.

Does anyone out there know how to get the jog wheels on the s4 to scratch an av clip (via the transport control or otherwise) in resolume?

Many thanks

PixShake

Re: Can anyone help me map s4 jog wheels to scratch resolume

Post by PixShake »

UP ?
Same problem here.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We have an S4 in the office, but I spent an afternoon unsuccessfully trying to get it in Midi mode. After 3 hours of doing exactly what it says in the manual I gave up :-/

But I assume it would just be a matter of getting it to send relative midi, and setting Resolume to interpret the incoming midi as such. Resolume handles all standard midi protocols, so if the S4 is sending that, there should be no problem.

mrreck

Post by mrreck »

Thanks for your replies.

Holding shift and pressing browse puts the s4 in midi mode, but the only messages the jog wheel sends seem to be on off messages. I must be doing something wrong in the controller or midi editor pages, but am having the same trouble finding the info i need in the manual or online. If anyone can shed any light please let us know, otherwise i'll update the post if i work anything out.